Rankings & Achievements
World-class teaching and research. Thriving diversity and inclusion. Abundant access to internships and other transformational experiences. This is how Towson University creates opportunities. This is what higher education is meant to do.
- U.S. News & World Report has once again named Towson University one of the best public universities in the country. The publication’s 2021 rankings placed Towson University 100th among national public universities. Read more.
- Money magazine ranked Towson University 103rd on its 2020 Best Colleges for Your Money list – four spots higher than its 2019 ranking – and in Maryland, second only to Johns Hopkins University. Read more.
- Forbes ranked TU 320th in a field of 650 public and private colleges surveyed for its 2019 America’s Top Colleges list. TU also placed 137th out of 299 public and private institutions on the Forbes 2019 America’s Best Value Colleges ranking. Read more.
- Washington Monthly ranked Towson University No. 30 among national public universities and No. 55 among all national universities in its 2020 College Rankings. Towson University was also recognized as No. 31 in the sub-category of social mobility, and one of just nine institutions in the nation with a student voter registration rate above 85%. Read more.
- Wall Street Journal / Times Higher Education 2020 student-sourced rankings put TU in the No. 394 slot on a national list of more than 800 U.S. colleges.
- Princeton Review included TU among the 224 colleges selected for its 2021 Best Regional Colleges for the Best Northeastern category. Princeton Review does not assign numerical rankings. TU was also placed in the top 9 percent of universities worldwide in the Center for World University Rankings for 2020-2021. Read more.
World-Class Teaching and Research
Towson University’s College of Business and Economics is one of less than 1% of business schools worldwide with AACSB accreditation for both the business and accounting programs.
One of 19 institutions in the nation designated by the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security, Towson University is a National Center of Academic Excellence in cyber defense education and cyber operations.
TU’s College of Education is the longest-standing, largest and preeminent producer of teachers in Maryland.
Towson University’s College of Health Professions is the largest producer of undergraduate health professions graduates in Maryland.
You will find application forms and related information for undergraduate admission.Learn about Applying
Learn more about your study options at TU. Complete the form and you will be added to our contact list.Complete Our Form
Plan a Visit
Visit Towson and see for yourself. There’s no better way to discover all that Towson has to offer.Plan Your Visit
Can’t make it to campus? Get a 360-degree virtual view of life here.Take a Tour