Rankings & Achievements
World-class teaching and research. Thriving diversity and inclusion. Abundant access to internships and other transformational experiences. This is how Towson University creates opportunities. This is what higher education is meant to do.
- The Forbes America’s Top Colleges 2022 list placed TU No. 75 among national public research universities, and No. 95 among public colleges overall. Forbes ranked the top 500 colleges and universities in the U.S. based on the return on investment and outcomes they deliver for their students. Read more.
- U.S. News & World Report placed Towson University among the top 10 public universities in the North region in its 2022-2023 Best Colleges rankings. TU also received recognition as a top performer in social mobility, and for its excellent undergraduate business administration, computer science and nursing programs. TU was also recognized for value, at No. 18 among public regional universities, and ranked No. 7 among the best public regional universities for veterans. Read more.
- Washington Monthly ranked Towson University Maryland’s Best Bang for the Buck in its 2022 College Guide and Rankings. In addition, the magazine selected TU as the nation’s 15th-best “Master’s University” and celebrated the university in its roundup of America’s Best Colleges for Student Voting. TU was honored for having a student voter registration rate above 85%. Read more.
- The Wall Street Journal / Times Higher Education 2022 College Rankings placed TU No. 117 among public institutions nationwide. TU was also among the top national institutions for student outcomes, one of four pillars measuring factors like the salaries graduates earn and the debt burden they carry.
- The 2022 Times Higher Education Impact Rankings placed TU No. 30 globally and top among U.S. institutions in gender equality.
- The Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) placed Towson University among the top 9% worldwide in its 2022-23 World University Rankings.
- Princeton Review included TU among the best colleges in the northeast in its 2022 Best Colleges: Region by Region list. The northeast list includes 223 universities in 11 states and the District of Columbia. The publication does not assign numerical rankings.
- Towson University was recognized by Insight into Diversity magazine with a Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- Money magazine ranked Towson University 50th among national public institutions on its 2022 Best Colleges in America by Value list. They highlighted TU’s graduation rate and affordability.
- Towson University was named to Campus Pride's top-40 ranking of LGBTQ+-friendly colleges and universities in 2022.
World-Class Teaching and Research
Towson University’s College of Business and Economics is one of less than 1% of business schools worldwide with AACSB accreditation for both the business and accounting programs.
One of 19 institutions in the nation designated by the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security, Towson University is a National Center of Academic Excellence in cyber defense education and cyber operations.
TU’s College of Education is the longest-standing, largest and preeminent producer of teachers in Maryland.
Towson University’s College of Health Professions is the largest producer of undergraduate health professions graduates in Maryland.
The Dr. Nancy Grasmick Leadership Institute at Towson University was created to prepare the leaders of the future. The Institute builds on TU’s commitment to community and business engagement while serving as a key regional asset—uniquely supporting leadership recruitment, development and retention in our state and region.
You will find application forms and related information about admission to TU.Learn about Applying
Learn more about your study options at TU. Complete the form and you will be added to our contact list.Complete Our Form
Plan a Visit
Visit Towson and see for yourself. There’s no better way to discover all that Towson has to offer.Plan Your Visit
Can’t make it to campus? Get a 360-degree virtual view of life here.Take a Tour