Rankings & Achievements
World-class teaching and research. Thriving diversity and inclusion. Abundant access to internships and other transformational experiences. This is how Towson University creates opportunities. This is what higher education is meant to do.
- U.S. News & World Report has once again named Towson University one of the best public universities in the country. The publication’s 2022 Best Colleges rankings placed Towson University No. 99 among national public universities. Read more.
- Washington Monthly ranked Towson University in the top 35 national public universities in its 2021 College Guide and Rankings. In the sub-category of social mobility, TU is 35th overall and the only Maryland institution in the top 50. The university ranked No. 30 in the Northeast region on the publication’s “2021 Best Bang for the Buck” list—the highest-ranking university in Maryland. Read more
- The Wall Street Journal / Times Higher Education 2022 College Rankings placed TU No. 117 among public institutions nationwide. TU was also among the top national institutions for student outcomes, one of four pillars measuring factors like the salaries graduates earn and the debt burden they carry.
- The Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) placed Towson University among the top 9% worldwide in its 2021-22 World University Rankings.
- Princeton Review included TU among the best colleges in the northeast in its 2022 Best Colleges: Region by Region list. The northeast list includes 223 universities in 11 states and the District of Columbia. The publication does not assign numerical rankings.
- Towson University was recognized by Insight into Diversity magazine with a Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award in both 2020 and 2021. Read more.
- Money magazine ranked Towson University 103rd on its 2020 Best Colleges for Your Money list. Read more.
World-Class Teaching and Research
Towson University’s College of Business and Economics is one of less than 1% of business schools worldwide with AACSB accreditation for both the business and accounting programs.
One of 19 institutions in the nation designated by the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security, Towson University is a National Center of Academic Excellence in cyber defense education and cyber operations.
TU’s College of Education is the longest-standing, largest and preeminent producer of teachers in Maryland.
Towson University’s College of Health Professions is the largest producer of undergraduate health professions graduates in Maryland.
The Dr. Nancy Grasmick Leadership Institute at Towson University was created to prepare the leaders of the future. The Institute builds on TU’s commitment to community and business engagement while serving as a key regional asset—uniquely supporting leadership recruitment, development and retention in our state and region.
You will find application forms and related information about admission to TU.Learn about Applying
Learn more about your study options at TU. Complete the form and you will be added to our contact list.Complete Our Form
Plan a Visit
Visit Towson and see for yourself. There’s no better way to discover all that Towson has to offer.Plan Your Visit
Can’t make it to campus? Get a 360-degree virtual view of life here.Take a Tour