World-class teaching and research. Thriving diversity and inclusion. Abundant access
to internships and other transformational experiences. This is how Towson University
creates opportunities. This is what higher education is meant to do.
- The U.S. News & World Report 2019 America’s Best Colleges guide ranked Towson University 12th in the public Regional
Universities (North) category. In addition, TU placed 68th on U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 Best Value Regional (North) Universities ranking and 30th on its Best Colleges
for Veterans list. TU also was named to the magazine’s A+ Schools for B Students list.
- Money magazine ranked Towson University 147th on its 2018-2019 Best Colleges for Your Money list,
where TU again joined the University of Maryland, College Park, and Johns Hopkins
University as Maryland’s highest-ranked institutions.
- Forbes ranked TU 305th in a field of 650 public and private colleges surveyed for its 2018
America’s Top Colleges list. TU also placed 181st out of 300 public and private institutions
on the Forbes 2018 America’s Best Value Colleges ranking.
- Washington Monthly ranked Towson University 47th among the 150 colleges and universities surveyed for
its 2018 Master’s category. The magazine also ranked TU 68th among the best value
schools in its category.
- Wall Street Journal / Times Higher Education 2019 student-sourced rankings put TU in the No. 484 slot on a national list of 968 U.S. colleges. WSJ/THE ranked TU 110th out of 286 on its regional list. TU is the University System of Maryland’s
highest ranked regional campus.
- Princeton Review included TU among the 225 colleges selected for its 2019 Best Colleges: Region by Region list. Princeton Review does not assign numerical rankings.
World-Class Teaching and Research
Towson University’s College of Business and Economics is one of less than 1% of business schools worldwide with AACSB accreditation for
both the business and accounting programs.
One of 19 institutions in the nation designated by the National Security Agency and
Department of Homeland Security, Towson University is a National Center of Academic Excellence in cyber defense education and cyber operations.
TU’s College of Education is the longest-standing, largest and preeminent producer of teachers in Maryland.
Towson University’s College of Health Professions is the largest producer of undergraduate health professions graduates in Maryland.
The College of Fine Arts and Communication is home to professor Jonathan Leshnoff, one of the most performed living composers in the world.