The federal Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) includes a variety of federal reporting and disclosure requirements. This page provides easy links to all of this required information.
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (Clery Act)
- Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data
- Emergency Preparedness
- Institutional Equity and Non-discrimination (Title IX)
- Privacy of Student Records Policy (FERPA)
- Academic Programs & Facilities
- Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs
- Undergraduate Catalogs and Courses
- Graduate Catalogs and Courses
- Faculty and Staff - Visit each department web page
- Transfer Admissions Process
- Transferring Credits
- Maryland Community College Transfers (Articulation Agreements)
- Community College Partnerships (Articulation Agreements)
- Transfer Policies
- Transfer FAQs
- Study Abroad Policies
- Withdraw, Refund, and Return of Aid Policies
- Dropping Classes (during the Change of Schedule Period)
- Withdrawing from classes (after the Change of Schedule period)
- Bursar's Office Tuition & Fee Refund Policy & Deadlines
- Financial Aid Withdraw Reduction and Return of T-IV Aid Policy
- Textbook Information
- Class Schedules
- University Store Textbook Lookup
- Equity in Athletics Data (This federal site provides data on each college's men's and women's team participation, coaching staff, revenues, expenses, etc.)
- Applying for Aid
- Available Aid Programs (Federal, State, and Institutional)
- Federal Aid Eligibility Requirements
- Federal Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- How Are Financial Need and Awards Determined?
- Financial Aid Notification Guide (Award Terms, Conditions, & Disbursement Process)
- Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Study Abroad Aid Options
- Student Loan Information:
- Terms & Conditions for Federal Title IV Loan Programs
- Entrance & Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers
- TU adheres to the University System of Maryland (USM) College Loan Code of Conduct (PDF). TU does not have a Preferred Lender List or any Preferred Lender arrangements.
Health and Safety
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
- Substance Abuse Policies & Procedures
- Vaccination Policies
- Campus Safety and Security
- Campus Crime Prevention and Reporting
- Crime Stats
- Crime Logs
- Fire Safety Policies
- Fire Statistics (Clery Report)
- Fire Log (On-Campus Housing Facilities)
- Sexual Violence Prevention & Resource
Policies & Procedures
- Academic Policies and Procedures
- Other Policies, Procedures, & Guidelines Affecting Students
- Copyright Infringement−Policies and Sanctions
- Copyright Awareness
- ResNet Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Privacy of Student Records Policy −Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- TU FERPA Policy
- Release of Student Information Under FERPA
Student Outcomes and Diversity
- Student Diversity:
- Current Diversity Profile based on gender, race, and ethnicity
- For more information, see TU's College Navigator data.
- The "Enrollment" section has gender, race, and ethnicity data.
- The "Financial Aid" section has Pell Grant recipient data.
- Retention and Graduation Rates (Student Right-to-Know Act):
- For summary data, see the TU data at the National Center for Education Statistics.
- For more detailed data on full-time freshman, visit Retention and Graduation Rates.
- Graduate and Professional Education Placement for Graduates:
- Please visit the Institutional Research Office's "Student Surveys" page, and review our annual "Towson University Survey of Graduating Seniors." Page one of this survey summarizes student's post-graduation employment status and “Graduate and Professional School” plans.
- Career and Job Placement Services
- Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Activities
- Voter Registration & Political Engagement
If you have questions about any of these topics, it is usually best to follow the links above, and then to use the “Contact Us” links from that page. If you need further assistance, please contact the staff of the Financial Aid Office or University Admissions. (Admission's contact information is in the Admission's pages footers).