Immunization Requirements & TB Testing
To keep our community healthy, every student is required to comply with Towson University's mandatory immunization and TB testing requirements. Note the deadlines for submitting documentation.
Towson University also requires proof of immunization for measles, mumps and rubella (MMR); and Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis (Tdap). For students living on campus, Meningococcal (Meningitis) is also required. All immunization documentation must be submitted upon enrollment.
How to submit documentation:
- Collect your documents. You will need a copy of your official immunization records. If you are not able to get a form from your primary care provider, download the immunizations form to be filled out by your medical provider.
- Sign in to Tiger Health Portal. Use your Towson University log-in.
- Enter your immunizations and complete your Tuberculosis Exposure Risk Screening Questionnaire. Click on the Immunization Requirements link at the top of the page to enter the dates of your immunizations. You will also need to upload your official document. After you enter and save your immunizations, return to the home page and complete the Tuberculosis Exposure Risk Screening Questionnaire.
- Documentation of immunization requirement is due by August 15th for fall enrollment and January 25th for spring enrollment.
Login to Tiger Health to complete MMR, Tdap, Meningococcal and TB requirements by August 15th for fall enrollment and January 25th for spring enrollment.Complete Immunization Requirements
Immunization Review Process
The Health Center team reviews all submissions for required immunizations. Reviews may take between 5 to 7 business days before they are registered to student accounts. If you have questions about your immunization compliance status after this time period has elapsed, please contact us at 410-704-2466.
What immunizations are required for all students?
Measles-Mumps-Rubella: Two doses given on or after first birthday or documented positive IgG titers to Measles (rubeola), Rubella and Mumps (Attach lab report)
Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis (Tdap): Single dose of Adult Tdap (Adacel or Boostrix) given at ≥ 11 years of age or before May 2005. Pediatric DTaP given <11 years of age or before May 2005 is NOT acceptable. A Td (Tetanus-diphtheria) booster is NOT an acceptable alternative unless there is a documented medical contraindication to Pertussis vaccine. In that case, Td booster within 10 years of start of classes will be accepted.
Mandatory Immunization Requirement for Students Living in On-Campus Housing
Meningococcal (Meningitis) (Conjugate vaccine, Menactra or Menveo) given ≥ 16 years of age.
Maryland law requires that an individual enrolled in an institution of higher education who resides in on-campus student housing must be vaccinated against meningococcal disease. Vaccine exemption for the Meningitis vaccine can be accomplished if the individual or their parent/guardian have been fully advised on the benefits and risks of the vaccine and they prefer to sign a waiver for this Meningococcal A vaccine.
Additional Mandatory Requirements for International Students on Visas
You must come to the Health Center upon arrival at Towson University for a TB testing visit. A TB test is required, regardless of prior BCG vaccination. A chest X-ray alone is not acceptable. If you have a TB blood test performed within 6 months of arriving to Towson University, bring this documentation with you. If the blood test was positive, bring the official results in English. If you have ever been treated for a positive TB test or active tuberculosis, bring documentation of drugs and duration of treatment. You will not be allowed to remain in classes if you do not complete this requirement.
Additional Mandatory Immunization Requirements (Or Proof of Immunity) for Nursing and Other Health Professional Students
The College of Health Professions and other programs may have additional immunization and tuberculosis screening requirements. Please contact your department directly.
vaccinations for the following illnesses are available at the Health Center:
- Human Pappilomavirus (HPV)
- Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR)
- Tetanus-Diptheria-Pertussis (Tdap)
- Meningitis A & B
- Hepatitis A & B