B.S., Material Sciences
Justus-Liebig University, Germany
Kansas State University
Postdoctoral Research Scientist
Areas of Expertise
Experimental Physical Chemistry
Fluorescence Microscopy and Imaging
Polymer Characterization and Physics
The Tran-Ba Lab
Dr. Tran-Ba and his undergraduate researchers study the diffusion dynamics and behaviors
of individual flourescent dye molecules and nanoparticles in order to better understand
the microscopic properties of complex soft materials (polymer films, polymer solutions
and hydrogels) and liquid interfaces.
To learn more about our interdisciplinary research and how to get involved, please
visit Dr. Tran-Ba's Google Scholar profile and read more about the ongoing research projects in the Tran-Ba Laboratory at TU.
- Foreman, K.; Tran-Ba, K.-H. Single-Particle Tracking in Poly(Ethylene Glycol) Diacrylate:
Probe Size Effect on the Diffusion Behaviors of Nanoparticles in Unentangled Polymer
Solutions. J. Phys. Chem. B 2023, 127, 7091 – 7102.
- Tran-Ba, K.-H., Foreman, K. Single-Molecule Tracking of Dye Diffusion in Synthetic
Polymers: A Tutorial Review. J. Appl. Phys. 2023, 133, 101101. (Invited Review)
- Tran-Ba, K.-H.; Willis, R. E; Foreman, K.; Ajmani, K.; Gujarati, P. Single-Molecule
Tracking in Poly(Ethylene Oxide) Films: Revealing the Effects of Molecular Weight,
Network Plasticization and Thermal Annealing on Anionic Dye Diffusion. J. Phys. Chem.
B. 2021, 125, 382 – 392.
Honors, Awards, & Grants
- Seventeenth Jess & Mildred Fisher Endowed Chair in the Biological and Physical Sciences
Award (2022 - 2025)
- American Chemical Society - Petroleum Research Fund Grant (2022 - 2024)
- Faculty Development & Research Committee Grant (2019 - 2020)
- Towson Academy of Scholars Award (2019)
- CHEM 132L: General Chemistry II Laboratory
- CHEM 345: Principles of Physical Chemistry
- CHEM 346: Theoretical Foundations of Physical Chemistry
- CHEM 372: Physical Chemistry Laboratory