Membership & Benefits
Table of Contents
- Dues Structure
- Towson University Faculty/Librarian Retiree Benefits
- Additional TURFA Membership Benefits (including information about free on-campus parking)
- Membership Levels - Lifetime, Full, and Associate
- Become a member
- Annual dues (July 1 - June 30) for regular members shall be $25
- Anyone paying between January 1 and May 1 shall pay $15 with their memberships expiring
on June 30
- Anyone paying between May 1 and June 30 shall pay $25 with their memberships extending
through June 30 of the following year
Towson University Faculty/Librarian Retiree Benefits
- Annual Spring retired faculty brunch or luncheon
- Semester-long loan period on Cook Library items and additional borrowing privileges
for items from other USMAI libraries
- Interlibrary loan and document delivery service as well as remote and onsite access
to library journal and database subscriptions
- Golden ID Tuition Waiver Program
- Campus and community service opportunities
- Access to The Advocate (the bi-annual TURFA newsletter)
- Additional TU Human Resources benefits can be found on the HR website
Additional TURFA Membership Benefits
- Annual Fall program and social get-together
- Special programs and events held monthly from Fall through Spring
- Access to the TURFA Center in Enrollment Services 207 (meeting space, lounge, computers)
- Free on-campus parking (see parking benefits) and additional OneCard benefits and conveniance
- Reduced ticket prices to on-campus cultural and athletic events
- Opportunities to seek TURFA financial support for ongoing research and scholarship
- Special interest groups such as a non-fiction reading group and a writing group
- Mentoring of newly retiring faculty
- Reduced fees for Osher Lifelong Learning Institute activities (CLICK HERE to access the specific TURFA membership registration form)
- Access to the national AROHE Matters newsletter
- Additional One Card benefits and convenience
- Ability to apply for research grants and scholarships
- Access to the Faculty Academic Center of Excellence at Towson (FACET)
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Towson University Retired
Faculty Association. TURFA offers three levels of membership, which is currently for
the period of July 1st - June 30th
- Retired full-time, part-time and adjunct Towson University faculty/librarians. Lifetime
members have voting rights and are eligible to hold office.
- $250 + lump sum payment (Please note: Pro-rated fees are not eligible for this membership
- Retired full-time, part-time and adjunct Towson University faculty/librarians. Full
members are eligible to vote and hold office in the association.
- $25 per year
- Associate Members shall be individuals who do not meet the requirements
for full membership, but who are long-time members of the Towson
University academic community or are related to or are partners of TURFA
members and share an interest in the mission of the association.
- $25 per year
Become a Member - Click on one of the links below
|Online Membership Registration Form
||Fill in this form online, making sure to include all of the required information (*).
When you have completed filling in the form, click on the “submit” button to send the form directly to the Towson University Foundation.
|Mail-In Membership Registration Form
||Print out this form, fill it in, and mail it with your check to the address given at the end of the form.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about joining TURFA
or membership benefits.