What is Handshake?
Handshake is a searchable, online database where alumni can search for full-time,
internship, and part-time opportunities. Thousands of employers post their positions
on Handshake. You also can post your resume, register for career events, and network
with employers – all through Handshake.
How do I create a Handshake account?
If you Graduated from TU under 18 months ago
Log in to Handshake by clicking on the “Login With Your Towson NetID” button and then enter your TU NetID and password. If
your TU NetID password expired, you can reset it under OTS NetID Management.
If you would like to update your Handshake profile with your personal email address,
please complete the following Alumni Handshake Access Request form.
If you graduated from TU After May 2017
Complete the following Alumni Handshake Access Request form. Your request will take approximately three business days to process. Then you
will receive an email from Handshake, sent to your personal email address, to verify
If you graduated from TU before May 2017
Register for a new TU alumni Handshake account:
- Go to Handshake
- Click “Sign up for a New Account”
- Select the “Student / Alumni” account type
- Click “Register a New Account”
- Fill out your information using your personal email address (Enter the First Name/Last
Name you used when attending TU so we can confirm your alumni status. Once your account
is approved, you can log in and update your First Name/Last name) and click “Confirm”
- Go to your email to “Confirm Your Email” from Handshake
- Next, the Career Center will review and approve your request within three business
- Then you will receive an "Approved" email from Handshake giving you access to the
How do I add (upload) a new document?
Here is a 2-minute video and instructions on how to upload a new document.
Do I have to upload my resume?
Uploading a resume is not required to conduct a job or internship search. However,
the on-campus recruiting program, including the Teacher Recruitment Fair, requires
How do I register for an event?
- Log in to your Handshake account
- Click on the “Events” tab
- Review the list of events and select the one for which you would like to register
- Click “Join Event”
If I am a TU graduate who wants to hire a TU student, how do I post a job on Handshake?
Please visit the Employer FAQs for details on how to create an account and post positions.