- Complete Traitify, Strong Interest, O*NET or other career assessment to determine
your strengths and possible careers or majors to pursue.
- Identify career ready skills gained through past part-time jobs, student organizations, and community service.
- Attend a financial literacy workshop.
- Conduct career conversations with professionals in your field(s) of interest through
Tiger Mentor Network.
- Participate in job shadowing or a site visit.
- Find peers with similar interests to share in your college experiences.
- Engage in Career Community activity.
- Consider taking Designing Your Career Plan (EDUC121) to learn about decision making and how to better prepare for life after college.
- Review the career ready skills page on the Career Center website and get ideas for how to develop these skills.
- Attend leadership programming.
- Consider running for a student organization leadership position.
- Meet with your academic advisor to create your Degree Completion Plan.
- Identify some alternate routes in case you encounter a roadblock in your plan.