• PhD English, University of Delaware (2011)
• MA English, Virginia Tech (2002)
• BA English, Virginia Tech (2000)
• BA History, Virginia Tech (2000)
Areas of Expertise
- “Exploring the Boundaries of Narrative: Faulkner's Imaginary War.” American Literature
Association Conference. Boston, MA. 2015.
- “In These Our Lives: Glasgow’s Answer to William Faulkner.” American Literature Association
Conference. Boston, MA. 2013.
- “‘Land of Contrasts,’ Land of Art: Morocco and the Imagination of Edith Wharton.”
American Literature Association Conference. Boston, MA. 2009.
- Late nineteenth- and twentieth-century American literature and culture
- American modernism
- Southern literature
- Aesthetics of the novel
- History of the novel
- Historical studies
PUBLICATIONS AND CREATIVE ACTIVITIES:
- “Virginians at a Distance: Willa Cather and Tom Wolfe.” The Literature of Virginia. Ed. Kevin J. Hayes. Cambridge UP, 2015: 348-361.
- “Social Transitions.” Edith Wharton in Context. Ed. Laura Rattray. Cambridge UP, 2012: 262-271.
- The William Faulkner Society
- The Willa Cather Foundation
- Modern Language Association
- The Modernist Studies Association
- Western Literature Association
- English Department Curriculum Committee, Chair
- CLA Curriculum Committee
- English Department Representative to Cook Library
Courses FALL 2019