Bulk mail or standard mail are the terms used by the US Postal Service to describe
mail that is at least 200 pieces or 50 lbs weight of the same type of mail. To obtain
the low cost offered by this class of mail, the mailer must present the mailing properly
documented and packaged. Departments can process the mailing or for competitive fees
we can process it for you. Either way, please remember the following:
- The mailing must contain the Towson University non-profit Indicia or you must stamp
the mail with the Indicia.
- Design & Publication can assist you with envelope design.
- Print Services can help you with your printing needs
- Envelopes must be sealed
- Address must be typed or computer generated in ascending zip code order (21201, 21202,
- Boxed or trayed (No bags)
- Make sure that Towson University appears in the return address section
- Remember to pull out those university box numbers and addresses, so we can deliver
them without charging postage.
- Check for duplicate and bad addresses.
- A properly completed postal form 3602N must accompany every mailing and send a copy
to the Bulk Mail office.
- We currently process jobs up to 20,000 pieces. Larger jobs should be processed through
an authorized bulk mail service provider.
We offer the following bulk mail services at very reasonable rates:
- Sorting, packaging and traying
- Addressing label application (manual)
- Applying Non Profit Indicia (manual)
- Label Application (manual)
- Applying Meter Tape (manual)
- Pickup/Deliver to Post Office ($25.00 flat fee)
- Computer/printer setup ($25.00 flat fee)
For all your bulk mailing needs, questions or rates, please contact Leslie Lewis,
Bulk Mail Coordinator at 410-704-3279.