The half-day event showcases entrepreneurship at TU from nascent and existing student
companies and faculty
entrepreneurs to TU Incubator companies and successful TU alumni.
On Wednesday, April 26, Towson University will host Entrepreneurship @ TU Demo Day
in the Minnegan Room at Unitas Stadium.
Entrepreneurship @ TU Demo Day is an interactive experience with the entrepreneurship
pipeline at TU. It is free and open to the public.
Learn more and register today
The half-day event showcases entrepreneurship at Towson University from nascent and
existing student companies and faculty entrepreneurs to TU Incubator companies and successful TU alumni.
- Tap into the entrepreneurship pipeline at TU and northern Baltimore County.
- Network with TU Incubator companies, alumni, faculty and students.
- Hear pitches and presentations from student entrepreneurs.
2-7 p.m. — TU Entrepreneurship Gallery
Student, faculty and alumni companies will be exhibited.
2-4 p.m. — Business Model Competition
View participants’ business model posters and interact with students and judges.
5-7 p.m. — Networking, Demo Day “Best in Show” Voting, Pitches
TU and business community members are invited to mingle and vote for their favorite
entrepreneurs in given categories. The ones with the most votes will pitch on the
spot for the chance to win prizes.
Student entrepreneurs participating include:
- Victor Marquat, S.M.A.R.T. Labs LLC—Get a ClearMind Today—the safe way. ClearMind gives you an experience a premium cognitive enhancement supplement with all generally
recognized as safe (GRAS) ingredients.
- Brianna Volatile, The Brunette’s Diary LLC—Everyone’s girlfriend, The Brunette’s Diary is a place for women to become inspired. It started in 2014 when Volatile realized there were very few online communities for
young women that went beyond exterior appearance, delving into all aspects of a woman’s
life. She loves to work with brands who have true meaning and empower women.
- Eric Trattner, University Visits LLC—University Visits provides you with an in-depth and immersive college visitation experience from the
perspective of an actual undergraduate student. You won't hear about the history of
a school statue or an amusing anecdote about a university's founding days; rather,
you will be guided through the vibrant cultures and communities that universities
have to offer. Finding the perfect college just got a whole lot easier.
Two of the TU Incubator companies participating are:
- Bobby Gattuso, Hop Theory—Customize your favorite brew. We proudly handcraft and serve-up a variety of blended
hops, fruit peels, and select natural flavors, which enable you to customize your
favorite brew. A single one of our sachets can transfuse up to four beers, adding
bold new flavors in about two minutes – giving your beer the upgrade its always wanted.
With Hop Theory, your average beer becomes craft.
- Stephanie Nislow, OGstar Reading LLC—OGstar Reading is an app for dyslexic and ELL students. Nislow and her partner Fran Levin Bowman
have decades of professional experience in education differentiating lessons for students
who need different approaches to learning.
This story is one of several related to President Kim Schatzel's priorities for Towson University: BTU: Partnerships at Work for Greater Baltimore and Strategic