Athletics & Recreation
Whether it’s NCAA Division I action at Johnny Unitas Stadium or club soccer on Burdick Field, athletics are a big part of life at Towson.
Towson University offers the most comprehensive sports program in the metropolitan Baltimore area, fielding 19 NCAA Division I varsity teams that compete in the Coastal Athletic Association, the nation’s top mid-major conference. We’ve got a sport for every type of fan.
Tiger fans fill the stands at Johnny Unitas® Stadium to watch our football, men's lacrosse, and track and field teams compete. Women’s lacrosse and women’s soccer play on Tiger Field. Field hockey is played at the TU Field Hockey Complex. Schuerholz Park is our baseball park, and softball is played at the Tiger Softball Stadium. Burdick Pool is the venue for swimming and diving. Tennis is played at the Tiger Tennis Complex. Our basketball, gymnastics and volleyball teams play at TU Arena.
Connect with Tiger Athletics
TowsonTigers.com is the official site of Tiger Athletics, offering schedules, news, videos and up-to-the-minute scores and results for all Towson teams.
The Towson Sports Network broadcasts live and pre-recorded programming ranging from Tiger Talk, our weekly radio show, to features with Towson head coaches and live streams of athletic events. Fans can also follow coaches and teams on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Whether you want get active, play sports, try something adventurous, or just have some fun with your friends, Campus Recreation is a great place to meet people and try something new. TU students, faculty and staff have free access to all Campus Recreation Center facilities.
The Campus Recreation Center is in Burdick Hall, next to the turf fields and the Union. It has:
- Two floors of cardio and weight training equipment
- A lap swimming pool
- Plenty of basketball hoops for pick-up games and organized leagues (Intramural sports)
- Rubber floored courts for futsol, volleyball, badminton, table tennis, floor hockey and dodgeball
- Fitness studios to take classes like cycling, Zumba, yoga, HIIT, boxing and total body strength
- An American Ninja Warrior style course to play on
- An open training area with turf, sleds, boxes, stadium stairs, a sprint hill and tons of other fun equipment
- A huge rock climbing wall with beginner to advanced routes to climb—all climbing equipment is free to use
- An equipment checkout room with everything you need to play: basketballs, locker locks, shower towels, boxing gloves, badminton racquets, etc.
- Off-campus trips such as rock climbing, kayaking and hiking
- Two types of sports leagues—intramural and sport clubs
- Group fitness and yoga classes, free and offered daily
For more information download the “TU Campus Rec” app from the Android or Apple Store.