TechHelp is the Office of Technology Services (OTS) online system for requesting support,
asking questions or providing feedback on TU's technology-related topics.
How does TechHelp work?
TU students, faculty and staff can submit a technology “service request” to our help
center, 24/7. OTS staff will reply to or make updates in faculty and staff service requests within four hours, during Faculty/Staff Help Center business hours. Similarly, students will get a reply in service requests within four hours during SCS business hours. You can follow the status, including steps taken to resolve the issue, by logging
into TechHelp at any time. Plus, you can see your service request history.
How to Complete a TechHelp Service Request
Service requests are initiated by your role at TU (student or employee). All supported
technology services are categorized into specific groups, and are presented in a series
of drop-down menus. Once selected in the TechHelp system, add details to the text
field, and attach optional documents that might be helpful in addressing your request.
Here are the steps:
- Access TechHelp at techhelp.towson.edu.
- Login with your TU NetID and password.
- Select your Request Type (your role: employee or student) from the dropdown.
- Choose a general category from the list of fields that appear.
- Continue following the drop-down fields until you have selected the correct category. If you’re not sure, choose the topic closest to yours, and the Help Center staff
will re-route if necessary.
- Enter a description of your issue, question or request in the Request Detail field.
- Add other people to the service request using the Carbon Copy (CC) field.
- Click Add File if you have a document or screenshot that would be helpful to include.
- Choose your location.
- Click Save. Your service request will be entered into the system and you will be provided with
an email summarizing the request.
Check the top five topics before starting
Your request topic (and appropriate solution) might appear on OTS’ top five service
request list. Review the topics before completing a service request to save time and
Top Five Service Requests
ACCOUNTS (FACULTY/STAFF/STUDENTS): How do I reset my password?
Go to towson.edu/netid
. Select the option for "Reset password."
BLACKBOARD (FACULTY): How do I copy my course from one semester to another?
- Navigate to blackboard.towson.edu.
- Login with your Towson University NetID and Password.
- Enter the course that contains the content you'd like to copy.
- On the left hand side under your course management menu, click Packages and Utilities.
- Select Course Copy.
- Under “Select Copy Type,” choose Copy Course Materials in to an Existing Course.
- Next to “Destination Course ID” click Browse. Select the course you'd like to copy your current course in to.
- Click Submit.
- Choose Select All under “Select Course Materials.”
- We suggest scrolling down to Discussion Boards and choosing Include only the forums,
with no starter posts. Choosing this option brings only the Forum and leaves out student’s
- Click Submit.
If these steps are not the solution to your problem, clicking Faculty or Students will enable you to enter a techhelp service request directly.
OUTLOOK (FACULTY/STAFF): How do I create an "Out of Office" email auto-reply message?
- Click the File tab, and then click the Info tab in the menu.
- Click Automatic Replies (Out of Office).
- In the Automatic Replies dialog box, select the Send Automatic Replies check box.
- If you want to specify a set time and date range, select the Only send during this time range check box. Then set the Start time, and then set the end time.
- In the Inside my organization tab, type the message that you want to send within your organization, and in the Outside My Organization tab, type the message that you want to send outside your organization.
- Click OK.
- If you selected the “Only send during this time range” option in step 4, the Automatic Replies (Out of Office) feature will continue to run until the date and time set for the End Time in step 5 is reached.
- Otherwise, the Automatic Replies (out of office) will continue to run until you repeat
step 1 and select the “Do not send automatic replies” option.
If these steps are not the solution to your problem, click here to enter a techhelp service request directly.
PHISHING (FACULTY/STAFF/STUDENTS): I've received a suspicious email message-how do
I report it?
Forward the email to phishing AT_TOWSON.
Faculty/Staff using Outlook:
- When you open any message, you will see a Report Phish button to the far right of the ribbon.
- If you suspect that the current email is a phishing attempt, click the Report Phish button. A side panel will appear to the right of the message.
- Click the Report Phish button. The email will be deleted, and TU's Information Security team will be alerted
to the possible attempt.
WI-FI (FACULTY/STAFF/STUDENTS): How can I connect to the fastest and most secure campus
- From your Wi-Fi settings screen, select tu-secure as your network access point.
- Enter your TU NetID & Password.
- The Certificate window will appear. Select Trust to finish joining tu-secure.
If you are still having trouble connecting to tu-secure, resetting your network settings or manually setting up wifi may be the solution.
If these steps are not the solution to your problem, submit aTechHelp service request.