Give us your best shot! You are invited to participate in the TU Study Abroad & Away Bi-Annual Photo and Video Contest.
Entry Rules and Guidelines
- Entries must be submitted digitally and emailed to peeradvisor AT_TOWSON
- For photos, submit the highest resolution version photo you have (300 dpi or higher)
- Photo entries must be original photographs either taken by the student or featuring the student while participating in a study/internship abroad or away program or exchange
- Video entries must be original footage taken by the student or featuring the student
while participating in a study/internship abroad or away experience
- Videos should be no longer than 5 minutes
- Videos may be a compilation of the student's experience and are encouraged to be creative
- See the Fall 2022 Video Contest winning video for inspiration
- Students may only submit one photo and/or one video for entry to the contest
- Please include the following information in the email with your submission: Name of Entrant, TU ID #, Location of Photo, Term of Study, and Short Blurb about the photo and/or video
Submissions should be representative of the student’s study abroad or away experience. Some things to consider:
- Does the submission show the viewer anything about the country’s local people, cultures, or traditions?
- Does the submission show distinctive landmarks, cityscapes, or landscapes unique to the destination? In other words, can you tell you are in a place different from TU and Maryland?
- Does the submission show a student, or students, experiencing the culture, interacting with locals, or exploring their new environment?
Photo and Video Release
Submission of photos and videos to the Towson University Study Abroad & Away Photo and Video Contest constitutes the entrant’s agreement to the following:
- Having read, understood, and accepted the Entry Rules and Guidelines listed above of the TU Study Abroad & Away Photo and Video Contest.
- Photos and videos submitted may, in any manner, be used, published, displayed, and copyrighted by Towson University or by any other person, corporation, or association duly authorized by Towson University without any restriction or limitation whatsoever for advertising or any trade or purpose.
- To release for them, their heirs, executors and administrators, Towson University, its officer, agents, employees, and assigns from any obligation or liability, and from any and all claims for libel, slander, invasion of the right of privacy or any claim based on the use for exhibition of said material.
Our first prize photo contest winner will receive a $50 gift card valid at the Towson University UStore. Second and third prize photo winners will each receive a $25 gift card valid at the Towson University UStore.
The video contest winner will receive a $100 gift card valid at the Towson University UStore.
The winning photos and video will be used to promote study abroad and away at Towson University.