A&F has identified 20 key goals to advance the TU 2020-2030 Strategic Plan: Leadership
for the Public Good.
The Administration & Finance Division has an important role in developing the financial,
technological and capital resources to achieve the vision presented in the TU 2020-2030 Strategic Plan: Leadership for the Public Good. The A&F Strategic Plan is a roadmap for advancing our institutional mission, meeting
2020-2030 plan goals and reinforcing a positive divisional culture.
The plan's goals are organized below by functional area. The connections to 2020-2030
strategic plan goals are provided parenthetically. Each goal has an associated series
of actions and measurable outcomes identified by the A&F leadership team.
- Increase the capacity for institutional strategic investments (Innovate)
- Attract and retain qualified, diverse staff (Sustain/Support)
- Provide excellent customer service in everything we do (Support)
- Update business processes and streamline customer access (Support/Sustain)
- Achieve required percentages for minority business enterprise and small business reserve
- Improve student financial literacy and life skills (Support/Engage)
Financial Planning, Accounting & Analysis
- Provide strategic funding for institutional priorities (Sustain/Innovate)
- Improve TU's financial ratios per NACUBO benchmarks (Sustain)
- Improve base budget practices to cover all critical expenses (Sustain)
Management, Advisory & Compliance Services
- Implement campuswide ethics, conflict and fraud prevention training (Sustain)
- Implement annual internal control training (Sustain)
- Prepare for audits to ensure alignment with guidance on financial regulations for
Office of Public Safety
- Attract, hire and retain qualified police staff (Sustain/Innovate)
- Increase community outreach to students living in off-campus housing complexes adjacent
to campus (Engage/Support/Innovate)
- Maintain dual accreditation with CALEA & IACLEA, and achieve the next level of CALEA
- Expand internship opportunities for high school students and TU students (Sustain/Support/Engage)
Office of Technology Services
- Provide a more seamless onboarding experience for students (Engage)
- Create a connected, seamless digital experience (Engage/Innovate)
- Transform business processes by building efficient enterprise resources (Innovate)
- Support an academic- and student-centered approach to technology (Innovate)
Plan Development & Timeline
The A&F Strategic Plan was developed by the divisional leadership team with input
from A&F staff, EAB consultants and the Provost's Office. The development timeline
involved three stages:
- Goal and Resource Identification
December 2021 - January 2022
- Plan Development and Review
January - February 2022
- Plan Launch
The five-year plan will culminate in spring 2027.
The A&F leadership team will track the progress toward each goal on a quarterly basis.
Major updates will be shared with divisional staff through email messages from the
Vice President for Administration & Finance.