Admitted Veterans

Towson University welcomes those who have served in the military. 

Veterans at Towson University

We encourage you to visit campus and take a campus tour. Contact the Military and Veterans Center to arrange a personal campus tour or connect with other veteran students. Get in touch with a counselor or the department for your planned major and ask tough questions. Check out the area and see why Baltimore is one of the top college towns in the country.

When you’re ready to accept your offer of admission, just complete the following steps. We look forward to seeing you.


  1. Submit your Enrollment Contract and nonrefundable $300 fee. 

    To officially accept our offer of admission, please follow the instructions in your admission packet that was mailed to you. Submit your Enrollment Contract and nonrefundable $300 enrollment fee to University Admissions by May 1 for fall admission, or the specific date on your admission letter for spring admission. This is a one-time fee to secure your spot in the incoming class and is not credited to your bill.  If you have any questions, please contact University Admissions at 410-704-2113.

    If you’ve been admitted to the Honors College, make sure to notify them of your intention to join at or 410-704-4677.

  2. Activate your Towson University email account.                      
    Towson will communicate with you using your TU student computing and email account, also referred to as your NetID. To get started, simply activate your NetID online. To complete the process, you will need your seven-digit TU student ID number, which you can find on your Offer of Admission letter.

    If you have difficulty with your account, please contact the Student Computing Services Desk at or call 410-704-5151. 
  3. Utilize your GI Bill Benefits.

    To apply for GI Bill Education Benefits, you must call the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and speak with a Veterans Benefits Counselor at 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit their website. The site contains a wealth of information about the education benefits administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

    In order to get certified for your GI Bill education benefits, you must email, fax or mail your Certificate of Eligibility or NOBE (Notice of Basic Eligibility) and Declaration of Intent Form (PDF) to Towson University's Veterans Affairs office at Towson University, Veterans Affairs Office, 8000 York Road, Towson, MD 21252-0001, email , fax 410-704-2537, or call 410-704-3094.

    If you are a Vocational Rehabilitation Veteran, Towson University needs only a valid purchase order (VA Form 28-1905).

  4. Certificate of Eligibility.                                                          
    The Certificate of Eligibility is the paperwork you receive from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs after you have applied for GI Bill Education benefits and they have determined your eligibility.
  5. Transfer Students/ Change of Program/Major Change.    
    Transfer students who have received GI Bill benefits previously must complete a Request for Change of VA Education Program or Place of Training Form (VA Form 22-1995) which can be found on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Website. You must also complete the form if you have changed your major or degree program.
  6. Housing.
    1. Off-Campus Housing:                                                    
      You can find information about off-campus housing, including apartment listings, from the Department of Housing and Residence Life.
    2. On-Campus Housing:                                              
      Transfer student housing is awarded on a space-available basis. You can find out if housing is available by logging on to the Department of Housing and Residence Life’s online housing request system beginning Dec. 1 for spring admission and March 1 for fall admission. If housing is available, complete the online housing request and submit a $350 non-refundable housing deposit to secure your spot.

      New freshmen entering in the fall: You are guaranteed a space in university housing, as long you complete an online housing request and submit a $350 non-refundable housing deposit by May 1.

      New freshman entering in the spring: Housing is awarded on a space-available basis. You can find out if housing is available by logging on to the Department of Housing and Residence Life’s online housing request system beginning Dec. 1. If housing is available, you must complete the request and submit a $350 non-refundable housing deposit to secure your spot.

      There are two additional on-campus residence halls for freshmen—Paca House and Tubman House—located in the university’s West Village complex. These housing options require a separate application, as they are not operated by Towson University. Apply online if you’re interested in Paca House or Tubman House.

      If you have questions about university housing, please contact the Department of Housing and Residence Life at 410-704-2516.
  7. Determine if your major is screened.

    If you know what you want to study, it’s important to determine if it is a screened or competitive major as admission to TU does not guarantee admission to some programs. Screened or competitive majors have additional guidelines beyond the general admission requirements for TU; the requirements may include auditions, prerequisite courses or minimum GPAs.

    Contact the major department or consult the Undergraduate Catalog for more information on screened or competitive majors. Knowing these requirements in advance will prepare you during the enrollment and registration process.                                         

  8. Receive credit for your military service.                              
    Towson University is a member of Service members Opportunity Colleges (SOC).  Students who have served or are currently serving in the United States military may receive college credit for basic training, military occupational specialties, and other military course work.  Official documentation must be submitted via a Joint Services Transcript from the DoD.  Work will be evaluated per the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experience in the Armed Services by the American Council on Education (ACE).  To request an evaluation, contact .
  9. Complete items on your Freshman or Transfer To-Do List.        
    After you've accepted our offer of admission, you will receive a Freshman To-Do List or Transfer To-Do List in the mail. It will provide important information to help your transition to college life, including details about parking on campus, getting your OneCard ID, registering for classes, and more.