Are you ready to transfer to Towson University?
Application Deadline Extended
- Fall 2018: Application still open on a space available basis.
Please read the following instructions carefully before beginning your application.
Requirements for admission vary, depending on transferable credits completed and cumulative
combined GPA from all institutions attended. If you have questions, contact us at
410-704-2113, admissions AT_TOWSON, or get in touch with your admissions counselor.
If you are applying to Towson University in Northeastern Maryland (at Harford Community
College), please use the Towson University in Northeastern Maryland application.
- Complete your application and submit the application fee. A $45 non-deferrable, non-refundable fee is required with your application. If you
hold a permanent residency card or other visa type (not including F or J student visas);
hold DACA or Dream Act status; or are undocumented, please click HERE for important information related to your application process.
- Apply, if interested, to the Honors College. If you’re interested in the Honors College, you’ll need to complete the Honors section of the regular application for admission
no later than Dec. 1.
- Know the deadlines. To be considered for merit-based scholarships offered through University Admissions,
you must apply and submit your transcripts and standardized test scores (if you have
earned fewer than 30 transferrable credits) by Dec. 1. The final application deadline is Jan. 17 for fall admission and Oct. 15 for spring (applications may stay open on a space-available basis). See all deadlines.
- Send official documents. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the institution. They must be sent
electronically or by mail to University Admissions. If your electronic server requires
an email address for the receiving institution, please use admissions_documents AT_TOWSON. Faxes are not permitted.
- If you’ve earned less than 30 college credits by the application deadline, a final
high school transcript and standardized test scores are also required.
- If you attended or are currently attending a non-U.S. college, you must have your
transcript evaluated by one of the following international credential evaluation companies:
WES, ASCISS, or ECE. You may also request that your high school send an official transcript by mail
to: University Admissions, 8000 York Rd., Towson, MD 21252.
- Write your college essay (Optional). Submit an essay on the topic of your choice with your application for admission.
- Find out if your major has additional requirements. Please refer to our complete list of screened majors to determine if there are additional requirements for the major you wish to study.
*In light of recent events, Towson University will offer application fee waivers to
transfer students impacted by Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma, and Hurricane Maria.
Students may also request an extension of posted spring and fall semester deadlines.
Please contact University Admissions at 410-704-2113 prior to submitting your application.