- Participate in job shadowing and research opportunities.
- Complete an internship. Check with your department about academic credit options.
- Engage in short-term experiences through Forage.
- Attend conferences and workshops in your industry.
- Seek competitive fellowships and awards.
- Conduct career conversations with professionals in your industries of interest through
Tiger Mentor Network.
- Volunteer in your field to build your network.
- Attend Diversity Works Career Networking Reception to meet professionals in your industry.
- See Handshake for industry-specific opportunities.
- Update your resume, Handshake, and LinkedIn profiles to reflect all your experience.
- Visit the Career Center to get step-by-step help in creating and upgrading your digital
presence, application materials, and interview skills.
- Finalize your portfolio with the necessary writing or art samples.
- Visit the Writing Center and/or the Career Center to fine-tune your personal statement
for graduate school.
- Attend the Fall Career and Internship Fair, Spring Mega Job and Internship Fair and
career community events to meet employers in your industry.
- Take advantage of on-campus recruitment through the Career Center.
- Make sure you have met or will meet all the requirements for your major.
- Participate in Senior Week activities to get everything you need for graduation.
- Build your professional image including your wardrobe, design a business card, clean
up your social media, and visit the Career Center’s SuiTUp Professional Attire Closet.
- Complete and submit the First Destination Survey.
- Attend financial literacy workshops and events.
- Visit Accessibility & Disabilities Services to discuss accommodations in the workplace if you think you will need them.
- Review and practice articulating how your strengths and skills will bring value to
a prospective employer/organization.
- Request letters of recommendation.