- Faculty & Staff
- Participate in job shadowing and research opportunities.
- Complete an internship. Check with your department about academic credit options.
- Roundabout: If you haven’t already done something circle back around and do it.
- Attend conferences and workshops in your industry.
- Conduct informational interviews with professionals in your industries of interest
through Tiger Mentor Network.
- Volunteer in your field to build your network.
- Attend the Professional Etiquette and Networking Dinner.
- Attend Diversity Works: A Career Networking Reception to meet professionals in your
- See Handshake for industry specific opportunities.
- Update your resume, Handshake, and LinkedIn profile to reflect all of your experience.
- Visit the Career Center to get step-by-step help in creating and upgrading your digital
presence, application materials, and interview skills.
- Finalize your portfolio with the necessary writing or art samples.
- Visit the Writing Center and/or the Career Center to find-tune your personal statement
for graduate school.
- Attend the Fall Center and Internship Fair and the Spring Mega Job and Internship
Fair to meet local employers in your industry.
- Take advantage of on-campus recruitment through the Career Center.
- Make sure you have met or will meet all of your requirements for your major.
- Attend the Life After College Conference and learn about navigating post-grad life.
- Visit the Grad Fair to get everything you need for graduation.
- Build your professional image including your wardrobe, design a business card, and
clean up your social media.
- Fill out the First Destination Survey.
- Revisit financial literacy workshops and events.
- Visit Accessibility & Disabilities Services to discuss accommodations in the work place if you think you will need them.
- Review and practice articulating how your strengths and skills will bring value to
a prospective employer/organization.