CPA Exam Preparation Resources
Students and alumni have access to several CPA exam review programs at a substantial discount thanks to Towson University's partnerships with these companies.
CPA Prep / Review Courses
Becker Professional Education
For over 60 years, Becker has offered the most comprehensive study and coaching system to prepare for the CPA Exam. We combine powerful practice tools with expert instructors for rigorous preparation every step of the way. Our sample problems, task-based simulations, mock exams and more are formatted to mirror how they appear on the exam. With Becker, you get a more authentic experience and more confidence on exam day.
Explore the Towson University/Becker CPA Review course offer.
Gleim CPA Review
Professor emeritus Dr. Irvin N. Gleim changed forever how people studied for the CPA exam when he published the first Gleim CPA Review book in 1974. Now with more than 1 million CPA exams passed, Gleim CPA Review remains the smart choice for the serious student. Gleim also offers internationally acclaimed review systems for CMA, CIA, and EA exams as well as in-class materials for schools and hundreds of hours of CPE credits for accountants.
Click here to learn more about what it takes to pass the CPA Exam, how the Gleim CPA Review system works, and more details on the Towson University/Gleim CPA Review course offer.
Roger CPA Review
At Roger CPA Review, our mission is simple: to change the way students learn to achieve maximum efficiency. With our patent pending SmartPath Predictive Technology™, we’re empowering future accountants to achieve their career goals through impactful, data-driven learning – faster than ever before. We are passionate about creating innovative products and services that students not only need, but love. With a 91% pass rate, Roger CPA Review has helped over 200,000 students reach their goals. Now, it's your turn.
Explore the Towson University/Roger CPA Review course offer.
Surgent CPA Review
Between devoting time to school, work, friends and family, finding enough time to study for the CPA Exam can be tough. That’s why Surgent CPA Review created courses that help you pass the exam with less study time. After completing an assessment, you will be given a customized study plan that helps boost your performance in the topic areas you need to improve, in order to pass the exam.
Your course access never expires, and Surgent is the only course that provides you with an Exam Ready SCORE, so you can be confident that you’re ready to pass, the first time.
Yaeger CPA Review
Yaeger CPA Review has over 40 years of experience helping candidates pass the CPA Exam. The course fully integrates the AICPA Blueprints, content released by the AICPA which outlines the higher-level critical thinking skills and real world accounting comprehension required to pass the Exam. The Yaeger course even includes one-on-one help from Phil Yaeger, Founder and Lead Instructor. Candidates utilizing Towson University’s preferred pricing can feel confident that Yaeger’s extraordinary student support and customizable AdaptaPass online learning system will ensure that they fully comprehend the Blueprint content, leading to success on the Exam.
Contact Yaeger to learn more at email@example.com or 1 (800) 824-2811.
Other CPA Resources
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) represents the CPA profession nationally, establishes rules and standards for the accounting profession, and develops and grades the Uniform CPA Examination. Joining AICPA as a student member can get you access to information and tools to guide you to completing the CPA requirements and entering the profession.
- The Maryland Association of CPAs (MACPA) is a professional organization dedicated to serving the needs of CPAs and CPA-seekers in the state. The group offers a variety of resources for students and CPA candidates to learn about the profession, network with professionals, and find scholarships and internships. MACPA also frequently participates in events at TU and CBE including the annual Accounting Open House.
- Maryland Society of Accounting & Tax Professionals (MSATP) supports solo, small, and mid-sized accounting, tax, and financial service businesses by
creating opportunities to build relationships and community, advocating to protect
the profession(s), and providing continuing education and resources to help members
maintain professional integrity.
- National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) is an association dedicated to enhancing the effectiveness of the country’s 55 state boards of accountancy. Its website explains the purpose of CPA licensing and how to become licensed.
- Inspiring Accounting Talent for a Sustainable Society (iat4ss) is a nonprofit educational organization (501(c)(3) that provides an educational and developmental program leading to CPA licensure. The program augments traditional accounting curriculum by leveraging technology to reach diverse students where they are and create a structured pathway for them to succeed in college, pass the CPA exam and later enter the accounting profession.