Ph.D., University of Maryland, College Park
F.N.P., Post-Master's Certificate, Howard University
M.S., Bowie State University
B.S.N., Bowie State University
Diploma, Misericordia Hospital, School of Nursing
Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
Certified Nurse Educator
Areas of Expertise
Retention Success Specialist and Peer Mentor impact on nursing student success
Transition of clinical nurses to nurse educator or advanced practice
Advances in nursing education
President, Maryland Nurses Association 2015 – 2017
- Austin, E., Bastepe-Gray, S., Nelson, H., Breitenbach, J., Durry, A., Ogle, K., Green, S., Crabtree, L., & Haluska, M. (2014). Pediatric mass casualty education:
Experiential learning through university sponsored disaster simulation. Journal of Emergency Nursing, 40(5), 428-433.
- Ogle, K. (2012). Shingles: Chicken pox revisited. Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, 10(4), 28 – 35.
- Ogle, K. (2012). Is your patient having a vasovagal reaction? Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, 10(3), 56.
- Ogle, K. (2011). Saving hearts with coronary angioplasty. Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, 9(5), 9 – 11.
- Ogle, K. (2011). Choosing your nursing career path (Editorial). Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, 9(1), Online Edition.
- Ogle, K. (2010). Analyzing angina. Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, 8(6), 9 - 12.
- Ogle, K. & Scardaville, D. (2009). A cartography of caring: A call to weave maps of support.
International Journal of Human Caring, 13(3), 9-13.
- Ogle, K. (2007). Journey to advanced practice: Nurse to nurse practitioner. Saarbrücken, Germany: VDM Verlag Dr. Müller.
Messler, T. & Ogle, K. (2015). Nursing Student’s Reflections on Caring for a Mother and Family Experiencing a Fetal
Demise. Presented June 12, 2015, International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation
and Learning, 12th Annual Conference, Atlanta, Georgia.
Ogle, K. (2014). Driving forces and barriers to curriculum revision and the role of faculty. Presented March 7, 2014 at “Creating and Maintaining a Dynamic Curriculum” Conference,
Ogle, K. (2012). Deconstructing Curricula. Presented March 28, 2012, Towson University Spark Program, Towson, Maryland
Ogle, K. (2012). Panel Member: Advanced Practice Nursing. Presented March 15, 2012, Towson,
Ogle, K. (2008). Journeying Together: Support and Caring Among Colleagues. Presented April 9, 2008, International Association for Human Caring Conference, Chapel
Hill, North Carolina.
Ogle, K. (2005). Journeying Together: Support Among Colleagues. Presented October 22, 2005, Society for Phenomenology and the Human Sciences Conference,
Salt Lake City, Utah.
Ogle, K. (2005). The Gift of the Wizard: The Path to Caring with Nurse Practitioners. Presented June 17, 2005, International Association for Human Caring Conference,
Lake Tahoe, California.