College of Health Professions
Towson University places you at the forefront of the latest advancements in healthcare, wellness and fitness. Apply your newfound knowledge and skills through a wide variety of internship experiences.
The healthcare, wellness and sport industries are rapidly changing. Medical advancements are made at breakneck speed. The focus on quality patient care, healthy lifestyles and fitness has never been greater. It’s the perfect time to pursue a degree in the health professions or sport-related areas through Towson University’s bachelor’s, master’s, graduate certificate or doctoral programs.
At the Center
Towson University has a long history of meeting critical demand for healthcare professionals in the region. Eligible programs are fully accredited by the national professional accrediting agencies. Towson University is located at the center of a region rich in healthcare organizations, including two of the nation’s leading research hospitals, Johns Hopkins Hospital and University of Maryland Medical Center. Collaborative efforts and partnerships, both on and off campus, ensure you gain broad experience in your field.
Become a Practitioner
At Towson University, highly experienced faculty members in a variety of disciplines bring a theoretical and applied approach to teaching in state-of-the-art learning environments. In every program, you learn the best practices of the profession complemented by critical-thinking, team-building, communications and technology skills.
Every student in the college has the opportunity to apply their new knowledge and gain practical experience with a variety of regional organizations and agencies. Our holistic approach to educating the whole student means Towson University graduates are well prepared to enter and excel in their health-related careers and ongoing professional development.
The Anatomage Cadaver Lab
Faculty members prepare students for exciting careers in the field
Of students have internship opportunities
TU offers the only occupational therapy education program in Maryland
Areas of Study
- Allied Health Major
- Applied Adult Disability Studies Minor
- Associate-to-Bachelor's (ATB) Nursing Dual Enrollment
- Exercise Science Major
- Fitness and Wellness Leadership Major
- Gerontology Major
- Gerontology Minor
- Health Care Management Major
- Health Care Management Minor
- Health Science Minor
- Nursing Major
- Physical Education Major
- Pre-Physical Therapy Preparation
- Pre-Physician Assistant Advising (health professions majors)
- Public Health B.S./Health Science M.S.
- Public Health Major
- Public Health Minor
- RN to B.S. in Nursing
- Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Major
- Sport Management Major
- Athletic Training M.S.
- Audiology Au.D.
- Autism Studies Graduate Certificate
- Autism Studies Ph.D.
- Clinician-Administrator Transition Graduate Certificate
- Health Leadership Graduate Certificate
- Health Science M.S.
- Nursing M.S.
- Occupational Science Ph.D.
- Occupational Therapy M.S.
- Occupational Therapy OTD – Entry-Level
- Occupational Therapy OTD – Post-Professional
- Physician Assistant Studies M.S.
- Speech-Language Pathology M.S.