Admission Requirements & Deadlines
Professional Writing (M.S.)
Priority Deadline: Nov. 1
Final Deadline: Jan. 7
Final Deadline: May 1
Priority Deadline: June 15
Final Deadline: Aug. 15
- No GRE scores are required.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 is required for full admission to the program, and 2.75 is required for conditional admission. All GPA calculations for admission are based upon the last 60 credits of undergraduate and post-baccalaureate study. See graduate admissions policies for more information.
- Based upon the applicant’s undergraduate transcript and the writing sample, the department reserves the right to require two specified preparatory undergraduate writing courses, passed with the grade of B or higher in each course, for admission.
- An interview may be requested at the discretion of the master’s program dance faculty following initial admission screening.
Submit an online application, application fee and official transcripts, along with:
- Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation, preferably letters that speak to writing experience and capability (email addresses of recommenders must be entered on application) are required.
- Personal Essay: A personal essay of 750-1000 words in which you tell us about yourself and describe
your reasons for wishing to pursue this degree.
- You may include an additional example of your writing if you wish (ten pages or fewer), but this is not required.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
U.S. Immigration requires F1 and J1 students to be enrolled full-time with the majority of their classes taken in-person and on campus. For a list of TU programs that comply as well as information on required credential evaluations and English-language proficiency, please see admission requirements for international students.