The College of Liberal Arts invites applications for the Nicholas Ziolkowski Memorial
Either one $5671 scholarship or two $2835.50 scholarships will be awarded during the
Spring 2019 semester to be used for Fall 2019.
- You must be a current or entering full time Towson University student who will be
registering for upcoming Fall classes.
- You must have served or be serving your country through active duty in any branch
of the armed forces or National Guard or you must have served as an agent for change
through full time services in a non-governmental or governmental organization, like
the Peace Corps.
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts.
Students may apply for The Nicholas Ziolkowski Memorial Scholarship by submitting
the following materials to the Department of Political Science (LA3210) no later than
- An application for the Ziolkowski Scholarship (available here or from the Department of Political Science).
- A letter of recommendation from someone in a supervisory position in your area of
national service (commanding officer, work supervisor) who can verify your length
and type of service and provide a personal recommendation.
- An essay that describes the unique ways that your academic and personal values have
been shaped by your service to your country. This essay must not exceed 2 double spaced
If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Political Science at 410-704-2958
or ccates AT_TOWSON .
*Students who think they may qualify but are unable to complete the application by
the due date should contact the Department of Political Science.
Terry A. Cooney