Admission Requirements & Deadlines
Educational Administrator I (Graduate Certificate)
The Educational Administrator I (Graduate Certificate) is offered primarily through the Towson Learning Network. If you are interested in applying for a future fall or spring cohort (programs vary) please email Graduate Program Director, Dr. Katherine Orlando, korlando AT_TOWSON, for application deadlines and information.
- No GRE scores are required
- Completion of master’s degree in education, administration, or related field from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A minimum graduate GPA of 3.5 for full admission or 3.00 for conditional admission. See graduate admission policies for more information.
- Certification as a teacher or licensure as a school professional and currently working in a school or educational setting in the state of Maryland
- Minimum of three years of teaching or relevant professional experience in a public or private school. Educators with two years of teaching experience and significant leadership potential will be considered
- College transcript record of successful completion of a special education course (graduate or undergraduate)
Applicants will submit the online application, received from TLN, along with the following::
- Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation (one must be from a current school administrator or educational leader who can attest to your professional experience and suitability for leadership)
- Teaching Certificate: Copy of current teaching certificate or other professional licensure
- Personal Statement: One- to two-page personal statement describing why you are pursuing graduate study in this track and what you hope to learn to become an effective educational leader
- Resume: A current professional resume