This program is offered exclusively through the Towson Learning Network. If you are interested in applying for a future cohort, you must contact TLN at TLN AT_TOWSON.
Attention experienced educators — are you ready to become highly qualified instructional
change agents for schools and school systems? This applied certificate program is
designed to build your expertise in the use of multiple venues of action research
necessary for creating successful school communities that advance student achievement.
The program’s core courses are designed to make you an effective researcher who is
comfortable with multiple assessment and evaluation strategies. You will also learn
to do the following:
- obtain and utilize data to inform decisions for school improvement
- facilitate development, articulation, implementation and stewardship of a vision that
promotes student success
- provide effective instruction, discern and implement best practices in teaching and
learning, and design professional plans for faculty and staff
- anticipate and manage change
- be effective in collaboration and team building essential for responding to diversity
and mobilizing community resources
- understand legal issues and ethical behaviors required to act with integrity and fairness
while conducting research
- develop an interdisciplinary approach to examine educational issues through school-based
inquiry and professional practice
- develop and promote the integration of technology, research, and information resources
into curriculum design, pedagogy, and professional practice to ensure student success
View certificate requirements in the Graduate Catalog.