Here are some good reasons to study special education at Towson University.
- Our programs are accredited by the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
- You’ll learn from experienced faculty-mentors committed to your success.
- You’ll receive support from a cohort of fellow Towson students studying special education.
- We’ll engage you in innovative and dynamic course work and develop strategies for
successful learning and classroom management.
- You will gain real-world experience through internship placements offered in multiple
school districts throughout Maryland.
- You can network and learn from experienced alumni through social media and on-campus
professional development offerings.
- You’ll learn alongside fellow educators-in-training and engage with diverse populations
through Towson’s Best Buddies and Council for Exceptional Children student chapters.
- You will be eligible for Maryland certification to teach and positively impact the
lives of students with disabilities.
- Over 90% of our graduates are employed as first-year teachers either before or shortly