Towson’s location in the high-tech Baltimore-Washington corridor offers networking
opportunities afforded by faculty collaborations with government agencies, national
labs and other academic institutions.
Our specialized content courses address the needs of the current technology workplace,
emphasizing communication, project management and team collaboration skills. Class
sizes are small, so you’ll receive individualized instruction and career mentoring.
Towson faculty are active researchers in areas such as novel 2-dimensional materials,
nanotechnology, metal oxide electronic materials, photonics and metamaterials.
Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities include:
- pulsed laser thin film deposition
- high-resolution X-ray diffraction
- scanning probe microscopes: AFM, STM and NSOM
- advanced optical spectroscopy and microscopy
- cryogenic electrical and magnetic characterization