RISE campaign generates $100M+ for Towson University, creating pathways for growth, engaged learning
Campaign boasts record-setting generosity from alumni, faculty, staff, corporate partners, friends
By JAMIE ABELL on August 14, 2023
Towson University announced today the official close of its $100 million RISE campaign, surpassing the goal with $102,044,248.55 in gifts and commitments. Despite publicly launching the campaign during the global pandemic, the generosity of the TU community resulted in historic success. More than 29,000 new donors gave to support the campaign, including 9,500 alumni.
“The support of our Towson University community is incredibly special,” says Melanie Perreault, interim president. “This momentous achievement would not have been possible without thousands of alumni, faculty, staff, family and friends whose generosity has paved the way for a brighter future at TU.”
Gifts to the RISE campaign support every area of TU, from diversity, equity and inclusion efforts to state-of-the-art infrastructure and construction to new student support services and programs. Donor generosity is shaping the future of Towson University in the following ways:
- Constructing a building for the College of Health Professions that boasts 320,000 square feet of cutting-edge simulation and skills labs, patient exam rooms, lecture halls and research labs (opening 2024)
- Creating an Athletics Academic Achievement Center for student-athletes that offers the support they need to be successful in the classroom and on the field
- Providing additional programs for students facing academic challenges in the College of Business & Economics through the Stearns Scholars Program
- Founding and sustaining the Hill-Lopes Scholars Program for women in STEM, which offers professional development, research experiences and mentorship
- Awarding additional nursing scholarships and continuing to position TU as the top provider of health professionals in Maryland
- Reducing the financial barriers for biology majors with increased scholarship opportunities
- Hosting internationally recognized jazz artists who offer students hands-on, small-group learning
- Eliminating financial barriers for students interested in pursuing master’s degrees in physics and perfecting their skills for careers in industry and government
Developing and launching the Dr. Nancy Grasmick Leadership Institute at TU, featuring a values-driven and robust portfolio of offerings for individuals and organizations that create transformational outcomes for leaders in all industries.
“The historic achievement was made possible by deeply committed volunteers, incredibly generous donors and the collective dedication of our faculty and staff,” says Brian DeFilippis, vice president of university advancement. “It would not have been possible without the inspired leadership of our campaign co-chairs, distinguished alums Fran Soistman and Nancy Grasmick.”