The Council of Diverse Student Organizations (CDSO) was established to promote a stronger sense of shared community. The CDSO also will inform the Senior Director for Student Retention and Development and the university administration of the needs of under-represented groups, including identification of the challenges such groups encounter. It will also advise the Senior Director for Student Retention and Development regarding the kinds of programming and services necessary to enhance the intellectual and social life of under-represented students.
The CDSO will meet with the Senior Director for Student Retention and Development on a regular basis. The group will be comprised of (but not restricted to) students from diverse affinity groups and organizations.
The CDSO seeks to:
• Encourage collaboration and communication between multicultural student organizations
• Enhance the leadership experience for students
• Coordinate and encourage intergroup planning
• Support and promote unity among all students on campus and
• Address the needs of under-represented groups.
Meetings are Tuesdays from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. in the Center for Student Diversity, University Union Room 313.