Ways to Give
All funds received in support of Towson University are placed under the management of the Towson University Foundation, Inc. The Foundation’s mission is to ensure that gifts and contributions are utilized to benefit the institution as requested by the donor.
Unrestricted gifts are among the most valuable to Towson University because they allow the university to direct resources where they are most necessary. Your unrestricted contribution will allow Towson to allocate funds to student scholarships, research, faculty enhancement programs, technology, academic and extracurricular programs.
If you prefer, you may choose to designate your contribution to support an academic college or department, athletics, the arts, a named scholarship or various university programs. When you make a gift to Towson University, you have tremendous flexibility in determining how the funds will be used.
- Outright gifts can be made using cash, checks or money orders made payable to the Towson University Foundation, Inc and mailed to P.O. Box 17165, Baltimore, MD, 21297-0219. Or, you may make a gift using a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) online or by calling the Office of Development at 410-704-3375.
- Pledges to Towson University are formal statements of an intention to make a gift to the university. With a pledge, you may complete your gift by making regular payments over time, allowing you to give more generously than you originally may have considered.
- Matching Gift programs are an easy way to double or even triple your contribution to Towson. Such programs typically match all or a percentage of employee contributions to charitable organizations. Check with your Human Resources department for the necessary forms.
- Gifts of appreciated securities are a popular alternative to cash gifts. In addition to receiving a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of your gift, you may also bypass capital gains tax on the appreciation. If you are interested in transferring securities, please call the Office of Development at 410-704-3375 or toll free at 866-301-3375.
- Gifts of personal property including books, artwork, computer and laboratory equipment, furniture and research materials may, in some cases, enable you to make a significant gift to support Towson with tax benefits to you!
- Planned gifts including bequests, beneficiary designations and life-income plans are another available gift option. For information, contact Kathleen Hider, director of planned giving and major gifts at 410-704-6287 or toll free at 866-301-3375, or email khider AT_TOWSON.