Follows the steps below to determine if you need a self-service form or a custom form
Steps to Identify Your Form Solution
Step 1: Determine if your form contains Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Does your form contain Personally Identifiable Information (PII)? If you answered
NO, proceed to step 2, if YES, skip to step 3.
PII, as defined in the Maryland Code under State Government Article, §10-1301, is an individual’s first name or first initial and last name, personal
mark, or unique biometric or genetic print or image, in combination with one or more
of the following data elements:
- a social security number
- a driver’s license number, state identification card number, or other individual identification
number issued by a unit
- a passport number or other identification number issued by the United States government
- an individual taxpayer identification number
- a financial or other account number, a credit card number, or a debit card number
that, in combination with any required security code, access code, or password, would
permit access to an individual’s account
Please take a moment to view the Handling Confidential Data video.
Step 2: Answer these questions
- Will this form appear/be embedded on a page in the towson.edu website?
- Do you need to integrate with another system such as PeopleSoft? For example, would
this form require pre-population of fields?
- Do you need to archive the form?
- Do you need reports?
- Do you require payment?
- Is there a workflow?
- Are you collecting PII?
- Are signatures required?
- Does the form require any attachments or uploads?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you need a custom form: proceed to
If you answered NO to all of these questions, you may create a self-service form using
Office 365: Forms for Excel. For assistance with building a self-service form you
Step 3: Complete the Custom Forms Questionnaire
If you answered YES to any of the questions in step 1 or 2, complete the forms questionnaire (login with NetID) to determine the type of customization needed. After answering
all of the questions, you will automatically be routed to the appropriate department
via a self-generated TechHelp service request.
Please Note: Depending on the complexity of the form, you should expect a 2 to 3 week turn-around
timeframe. However, this will be communicated during the forms process.
For additional information, please contact OTS Training at 410-704-4070 or via email.