Requesting Electronic Forms
The Office of Technology Services provides faculty and staff with forms solutions for every need on campus, ranging from simple self-service forms solution to more sophisticated custom solutions for digital signatures and routing options. This page will help determine the best solution for your needs.
Follows the steps below to determine if you need a self-service form or a custom form solution.
Steps to Identify Your Form Solution
Step 1: Determine if your form contains Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Does your form contain Personally Identifiable Information (PII)? If you answered NO, proceed to step 2, if YES, skip to step 3.
PII, as defined in the Maryland Code under State Government Article, §10-1301, is an individual’s first name or first initial and last name, personal mark, or unique biometric or genetic print or image, in combination with one or more of the following data elements:
- a social security number
- a driver’s license number, state identification card number, or other individual identification number issued by a unit
- a passport number or other identification number issued by the United States government
- an individual taxpayer identification number
- a financial or other account number, a credit card number, or a debit card number that, in combination with any required security code, access code, or password, would permit access to an individual’s account
Watch the Handling Confidential Data video.
Step 2: Answer these questions
- Will this form appear/be embedded on a page in the towson.edu website?
- Do you need to integrate with another system such as PeopleSoft HCM or Towson Online Services? For example, would this form require pre-population of fields?
- Do you need to archive the form?
- Do you need reports?
- Do you require payment?
- Is there a workflow?
- Are you collecting PII?
- Are signatures required?
- Does the form require any attachments or uploads?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you need a custom form: proceed to Step 3.
If you answered NO to all of these questions, you can create a self-service form using Microsoft Forms for Excel.
Step 3: Complete the Custom Forms Questionnaire
If you answered YES to any of the questions in step 1 or 2, complete the forms questionnaire (login with NetID) to determine the type of customization needed. After answering all of the questions, you will automatically be routed to the appropriate department via a self-generated TechHelp service request.
Please Note: Depending on the complexity of the form, you should expect a two to three week turn-around timeframe. However, this will be communicated during the forms process.
If you have questions or need more info, contact the OTS Faculty/Staff Help Center.