It can take a 3-6 months to find, apply for, and be accepted into an internship program.
Consider the following questions to help narrow down your search:
- When do you want to complete the internship?
- Can you afford an unpaid internship?
- Where can you realistically travel?
- Is transportation a concern? There may be On-Campus Internships
- Creating an Environment for a Successful Remote/Virtual Environment (PDF)
- When your schedule or finances limit your options, consider a Virtual Internship – A virtual internship is a form of experiential learning not bound by time, a physical location or space. Remote by definition, a virtual internship allows you to expand cultural competencies by experiencing global work spaces out of your time zone and perhaps out of your comfort zone! Develop in-demand skills such as internet and digital literacy; time and project management; organization; project and task performance; self-motivation and direction; problem-solving; and communication across multiple platforms.
- Looking to travel more this summer? Consider an Internship Abroad
- Will you be requesting academic credit for YOUR internship? This may limit YOUR options. Check out Receiving Academic Credit for more information.