Admission Requirements & Deadlines
Geography & Environmental Planning (M.A.)
Priority Deadline: Nov. 1
Final Deadline: Jan. 7
Final Deadline: May 1
Priority Deadline: June 15
Final Deadline: Aug. 15
- No GRE scores are required.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 (on a 4-point scale) is required for full admission to the program, and 2.75 is required for conditional admission. GPA calculations may be based upon the cumulative units or the last 60 units of the degree. See graduate admission policies for more information.
- A minimum of 6 undergraduate units in geography and a grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 is required in all geography courses is required for full admission. Students without a background in geography may be admitted conditionally, with the requirement that they take the prerequisite courses in their final year.
Submit an online application, application fee and official transcripts, along with:
- Letters of Recommendation: Two narrative letters of recommendation (Email addresses of recommenders must be entered on application).
- Essay: A short essay discussing career goals and how our program will help you attain them.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
U.S. Immigration requires F1 and J1 students to be enrolled full-time with the majority of their classes taken in-person and on campus. For a list of TU programs that comply as well as information on required credential evaluations and English-language proficiency, please see admission requirements for international students.