Get the details on how to apply to the Geography & Environmental Planning (M.A.)
This program has rolling admissions. To ensure timely processing we recommend submitting
your application by August 1 for fall admission, December 1 for spring admission,
and May 1 for summer admission. While we will continue to accept applications and
materials after these dates, we cannot guarantee that your application will be reviewed
in time for the start of classes.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university** with a minimum
of 6 units in geography, with at least a 3.00 GPA in all geography courses, is required
for full admission. Students without a background in geography may be admitted conditionally,
with the requirement that they take the prerequisite courses in their final year.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 is required for full admission to the program,
and 2.75 is required for conditional admission. All GPA calculations for admission
are based upon the last 60 credits of undergraduate and post-baccalaureate study.
- Two narrative letters of recommendation (Email addresses of recommenders must be entered
- A short essay discussing career goals and how our program will help you attain them.
Non-immigrant international students: See additional admission information in International Graduate Admissions.
*See Exceptions to Policy in Graduate Admissions.
How to Apply
- Complete the Towson University online Graduate Application.
- International graduate students may have additional admission and application requirements.
See information about how to apply.