Mission, Vision & Goals
The mission of Educator Preparation Programs at Towson University is to:
- Prepare the next generation of diverse educators and leaders committed to meet the individual needs of all learners.
- Advance scholarship around significant priorities in the profession.
- Collaborate with and advocate for children, families, and communities.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions to education challenges.
Towson University will be recognized for preparing innovative and socially just professionals who advocate on behalf of children, families, and the profession. We will empower educators with a strong knowledge of research-based pedagogies, a technology-rich skillset, a deep understanding of how children, youth, and adults learn, and caring dispositions to lead and succeed in inclusive and equitable settings.
- Diversity and Inclusivity
- Professionalism and Leadership
- Collaboration and Reflection
- Commitment and Compassion