Transfer Credit Information

In order to receive credit for courses taken at an institution other than Towson, you must request approval from your Graduate Program Director, who will then submit your request to the Dean of the College of Graduate Education and Research so that the credit can be posted to your transcript. A maximum of 50 percent of degree credits may be transferred pending approval from your Graduate Program Director.

You will need a catalog description of the course and an official transcript from the college or university offering the course. Submit these two items along with a completed Transfer Petition Form. The Transfer Petition Form will indicate where to submit these items.

There are certain criteria to meet. The course must be:

  • Appropriate to your program of study and must be in line with both your individual academic goals and the requirements of the program.
  • Taken at a regionally accredited college or university.
  • Applicable to a graduate program at that university
  • Not already utilized as part of an earned degree.
  • One in which you have received at least a B grade.
  • Within the seven years allowed for completion of the degree requirements.

Note: If you have taken courses at Towson as a non-degree student, those courses do not need to be transferred in. They will appear on your Towson transcript. However, you will need to make sure that the courses are appropriate for your current program of study and fall within the seven-year-limit.

If you have credits that you would like to apply to your Early Childhood master’s degree program, please contact your Graduate Program Director and advisor, Dr. Janese Daniels ( or 410-704-4832). The mailing address for your documents is:

Dr. Janese Daniels
Department of Early Childhood Education
Towson University
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252-0001