Dance Education (M.A.)
The Master of Arts in dance education provides flexible part-time graduate study for certified dance teachers who need to qualify for the Advanced Certificate and for dance professionals who seek to deepen their teaching practice.
Why Earn a Master’s in Dance Education?
The Master of Arts in dance education embraces pedagogy that is globally informed, theoretically rich, and reflective of your personal interests, artistic and educational legacy, and career goals. The program engages students in a range of practical approaches and theoretical perspectives. It also:
- offers a pathway for certified dance teachers to complete the Maryland State Department of Education's advanced teaching certification in two years, through part-time graduate study
- promotes mastery in dance education
- cultivates a personal pedagogy that is globally informed to prepare graduates for a variety of dance education settings and career paths
- prepares graduates for doctoral studies
Admission and Degree Requirements
Graduates are prepared for a variety of career options as teacher-leaders, public and private school teachers, program directors, educational and curriculum program specialists, policy specialists and advocates in public and private settings.
why towson university?
- Towson University is a leader in dance education in Maryland.
- Classes are taught by nationally recognized faculty who are dedicated teachers, mentors and active professionals
- The Master of Arts in dance education is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Dance (NASD).
- The dance department has state-of-the-art practice and performance spaces.