MedStar Health Seeks Summer Intern/Posted Jan. 9, 2020
MedStar Health's corporate headquarters in Columbia, Maryland is seeking a junior or senior for an operational communications summer 2020 internship. College credit is available and upon successful completion, a stipend will be awarded. The attached document provides further information, including how to apply.
Sports Marketing Internship Opportunity/Posted Dec. 5, 2019
The U.S. Naval Academy Athletic Association is looking for a sports marketing intern for the spring.
MPT (Maryland Public Television) Public Relations and Communications Internship/Posted Dec. 5, 2019
MPT public relations and communications interns experience the work of a full-spectrum communications team within a statewide government/nonprofit organization. With oversight and leadership from established professionals, this unpaid, for college credit internship, trusts interns to execute a variety of tasks that will provide skill development for careers in government, corporate, and nonprofit organizations as leaders in public relations/public affairs and corporate communications.
Experiential learning is accomplished through:
- Writing and editing varied internal and external communication products
- Conducting media monitoring and media clipping services
- Fulfilling media information requests and responding to journalist inquiries
- Developing and maintaining media lists and related databases
- Assisting in the planning and execution of internal and external events and observances
- Providing ad hoc support for senior leadership
- Participating in internal consultations, business meetings, and related gatherings
Prospective interns should be enrolled in a four-year degree program in a communications-related field. Other essential skills and experience include:
- Excellent writing skills with ability to edit and incorporate feedback on writing
- Effective planning, scheduling, researching, and interviewing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work with staff at all levels
- Resourcefulness and problem solving
- Self-confidence and initiative
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
To apply, complete the online application at: http://www.jobaps.com/MD/
For more information, please contact:
Tom Williams, APR
Managing Director, Communications
Paid Summer Internships with Maryland Public Service Scholars Programs/Posted Nov. 21, 2019
The Maryland Public Service Scholars Programs is offering paid internships during summer 2020 for rising juniors and seniors. The internships are in the government and nonprofit sectors and are focused on creating social change.
PROFILES Public Relations and Social Media Internships/Posted Oct. 12, 2019
PROFILES, a full service public relations agency in Baltimore, has a current opening for two unpaid internships, a public relations internship and a social media internship, for the upcoming winter and spring terms.
PROFILES has expertise in developing programs for corporate clients, non-profit organizations and individuals. Some of its clients include Lord Baltimore Hotel, Pet Valu, Rusty Scupper, Kennedy Krieger Institute, American Craft Council, Baltimore magazine, Waterfront Partnership, and CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.
To apply, students must send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Additional information can be found at https://profilespr.com/.
Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development External Relations and Communications Intern/Posted Oct. 12, 2019
The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development in Washington, D.C., has an unpaid opportunity for an external relations and communications internship.
Baltimore Orioles Digital and Production Internships/Posted Oct. 3, 2019
The Baltimore Orioles has digital and production internships available. See the links below for the specifics regarding each opportunity.
Care First BlueCross BlueShield Internship/Posted Sept. 15, 2019
Care First BlueCross BlueShield seeks a PR/media relations intern reporting to the director of PR/Media Relations and focusing on assisting the PR/Media Relations teams to:
- educate internal audiences on industry news and news about the company
- track inquiries from media
- support development of written and other materials related to public and media relations opportunities
- appropriately staff public/media relations events such as check presentations, community affairs events and press conferences
- researching, writing and distributing news releases
- creating the Daily Download industry newsletter
- assisting in the process for tracking and responding to media inquiries
- contributing to the development of other communications on behalf of the PR/Media Relations team, as necessary.
- contributing to PR/Media Relations strategic planning and campaign support
- potentially staffing of press conferences and other company events for external audiences
- willingness to learn basic online content management, social media writing, photography, graphic design and video recording/editing skills
- providing occasional administrative support for the director of Public/Media Relations and staff during the absence of full-time administrative support
- must be a student enrolled in an accredited college or university at either the junior or senior level (undergraduate or graduate level.)
- current college student pursuing a BS/BA degree or greater, preferably in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or related field
- minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average
- knowledge of digital photography and video filming and editing
- knowledge of website design, technology, and editing principles
- knowledge of social media platforms
- strong oral and written communications skills
- sound news judgment
- PC skills, including familiarity with MS Office applications and Adobe suite of creative software
- ability to quickly understand and comprehend the situation/inquiry, and accurately evaluate the appropriateness of the response.
- interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- ability to travel occasionally within the region to other corporate sites or company events.
To apply: submit your resume to Cierra Colon
Baltimore Washington Medical Center Foundation, Inc., Internship Opportunities/Posted Sept. 15, 2019
The Foundation seeks to partner with students who are looking for an opportunity to experience being included in the hands-on experience of daily operations of a robust development office. The Foundation looks forward to incorporating the cutting edge skills of a soon-to-graduate Towson University student with the exciting world of philanthropy development in our local community.
Internship opportunities are available in:
- event planning
- internal and external communications
- database management
- website management and content development (in partnership with our IT team)
- social and digital media planning, content development, and execution
- myriad of additional activities related to development and fundraising and community outreach
The skills match that will benefit the Foundation include: strong communication skills--written and verbal, social media competencies, solid understanding of business standards; graphic design and/or digital competencies can also be important depending on the interest of the candidate. Proactive, wants to learn and build portfolio at the same time, good problem solver, good idea person.
- Casual business attire is expected.
- The student will be issued a UM BWMC I.D., need a background check and may need vaccination update.
- Parking is available and free. A parking pass will be issued.
- The Foundation’s work week typically is Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Occasionally extended hours will align with events. The executive director will gladly work with the intern in determining a mutually acceptable flexible part-time schedule.
To apply: submit your current resume and optional writing and/or design samples to Kathy Burk, executive director, (410) 553-8558.