PROFILES Public Relations and Social Media Internships/Posted Oct. 12, 2019
PROFILES, a full service public relations agency in Baltimore, has a current opening for two unpaid internships, a public relations internship and a social media internship, for the upcoming winter and spring terms.
PROFILES has expertise in developing programs for corporate clients, non-profit organizations and individuals. Some of its clients include Lord Baltimore Hotel, Pet Valu, Rusty Scupper, Kennedy Krieger Institute, American Craft Council, Baltimore magazine, Waterfront Partnership, and CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.
To apply, students must send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can be found at https://profilespr.com/.
Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development External Relations and Communications Intern/Posted Oct. 12, 2019
The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development in Washington, D.C., has an unpaid opportunity for an external relations and communications internship.
Baltimore Orioles Digital and Production Internships/Posted Oct. 3, 2019
The Baltimore Orioles has digital and production internships available. See the links below for the specifics regarding each opportunity.
Care First BlueCross BlueShield Internship/Posted Sept. 15, 2019
Care First BlueCross BlueShield seeks a PR/media relations intern reporting to the director of PR/Media Relations and focusing on assisting the PR/Media Relations teams to:
- educate internal audiences on industry news and news about the company
- track inquiries from media
- support development of written and other materials related to public and media relations opportunities
- appropriately staff public/media relations events such as check presentations, community affairs events and press conferences
- researching, writing and distributing news releases
- creating the Daily Download industry newsletter
- assisting in the process for tracking and responding to media inquiries
- contributing to the development of other communications on behalf of the PR/Media Relations team, as necessary.
- contributing to PR/Media Relations strategic planning and campaign support
- potentially staffing of press conferences and other company events for external audiences
- willingness to learn basic online content management, social media writing, photography, graphic design and video recording/editing skills
- providing occasional administrative support for the director of Public/Media Relations and staff during the absence of full-time administrative support
- must be a student enrolled in an accredited college or university at either the junior or senior level (undergraduate or graduate level.)
- current college student pursuing a BS/BA degree or greater, preferably in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or related field
- minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average
- knowledge of digital photography and video filming and editing
- knowledge of website design, technology, and editing principles
- knowledge of social media platforms
- strong oral and written communications skills
- sound news judgment
- PC skills, including familiarity with MS Office applications and Adobe suite of creative software
- ability to quickly understand and comprehend the situation/inquiry, and accurately evaluate the appropriateness of the response.
- interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- ability to travel occasionally within the region to other corporate sites or company events.
To apply: submit your resume to Cierra Colon
Baltimore Washington Medical Center Foundation, Inc., Internship Opportunities/Posted Sept. 15, 2019
The Foundation seeks to partner with students who are looking for an opportunity to experience being included in the hands-on experience of daily operations of a robust development office. The Foundation looks forward to incorporating the cutting edge skills of a soon-to-graduate Towson University student with the exciting world of philanthropy development in our local community.
Internship opportunities are available in:
- event planning
- internal and external communications
- database management
- website management and content development (in partnership with our IT team)
- social and digital media planning, content development, and execution
- myriad of additional activities related to development and fundraising and community outreach
The skills match that will benefit the Foundation include: strong communication skills--written and verbal, social media competencies, solid understanding of business standards; graphic design and/or digital competencies can also be important depending on the interest of the candidate. Proactive, wants to learn and build portfolio at the same time, good problem solver, good idea person.
- Casual business attire is expected.
- The student will be issued a UM BWMC I.D., need a background check and may need vaccination update.
- Parking is available and free. A parking pass will be issued.
- The Foundation’s work week typically is Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Occasionally extended hours will align with events. The executive director will gladly work with the intern in determining a mutually acceptable flexible part-time schedule.
To apply: submit your current resume and optional writing and/or design samples to Kathy Burk, executive director, (410) 553-8558.
Baltimore Orioles Internship/Posted Sept. 1, 2019
Do you have an outgoing personality? Are you able to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences? Do you have superior writing skills, familiarity with InDesign and MS Office programs and knowledge of baseball and the Orioles operation? The Baltimore Orioles is seeking a public relations intern for October through December 2019. You'll earn college credit for this unpaid internship and have among your responsibilities:
- monitoring press clips from local and national media outlets each morning
- responding to phone and mail inquiries from the media and general public
- researching statistics in response to department needs or media inquiries
- editing and writing for various team publications, including Orioles Magazine, the annual media guide, and press releases
- assisting with facilitating special events
University Of Maryland St. Joseph Medical System Internship/Posted May 2, 2019
University Of Maryland St. Joseph Medical System seeks an intern to assist in a wide variety of marketing, communications and public relations activities for internal and external audiences.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• draft and distribute news releases, media advisories, and other stories
• assist in planning and developing marketing/content calendar
• write content for variety of digital and print marketing materials
• assist with social media calendar, brainstorm ideas for new and innovative
• assist with drafting and distributing internal communications
• undergraduate student working toward a degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field
• excellent written and verbal communications skills
• knowledge and experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs
• knowledge and experience with social media platforms
• strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
Hours & Compensation:
15-20 hours preferred per week
This unpaid internship is designed to provide students with valuable, hands-on, professional experience in a supportive and dynamic healthcare setting.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and sample work to Kimberly.email@example.com
Towson University Student Health Services (SHS): Marketing Communication Intern for Fall 2019/Posted April 9 2019
Internship Information: We are looking for a student intern to advertise and market for Towson University Student Health Services (SHS). The student intern would be responsible for managing SHS social media accounts, developing advertising materials for Health Center services and SHS events, providing general outreach at tabling opportunities, and conducting ongoing evaluation of SHS outreach efforts. This would be a comprehensive experience that would give a student the opportunity to expand their knowledge base in many content areas and develop a broad range of transferrable skills.
Intern Information: We are looking for an intern that is self-motivated and organized with skills in social media management and advertising. We would like to hire an intern who carries themselves professionally and who is able to take initiative and be actively involved in planning outreach. We are looking for someone with good communication skills and competency in Hootsuite, Adobe Photoshop, Canva, or other similar platforms.
To Apply: Email us at healthed AT_TOWSONwith your resume and cover letter by May 1st.
Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. We are also interested in seeing relevant supplemental materials demonstrating your experience with social media, Photoshop, Canva, or other relevant skills.Towson University’s Marketing and Public Relations Seeks Social Media Content Associate/Feb. 7, 2019
The candidate should be creative and will assist in creating and curating content
for the department.
Please visit Handshake for more.