Career Center Events Intern: Fall 2019/Posted April 18, 2019
This position is for the Fall 2019 semester and is open to BOTH Federal Work Study students and students without Federal Work Study. Pay: $11.10 / hour
Job Description: Ongoing, mandatory training will be provided for all duties listed:
- Administrative: Provide administrative support to the event coordinator and event leads including; creation of name badges, prepping of marketing material, printing and copying of materials, organization of event-day items.
- Communication: Receive incoming calls and respond to inquiries about events/programs. Send out mass emails to employers to communicate day-of-event logistics involving parking, directions, schedule, etc. (professionalism/work ethic & oral/written communication)
- Handshake Management: Maintain and manage Handshake (jobs and events database management system); approve/decline event registrations, update registration status's, troubleshoot any employer/student registration problems, research status of employers to ensure correct registration option is selected (problem solving)
- Financial: Manage payment process through online invoice system and Handshake database; track pending and completed invoice and credit card payments, maintain weekly updates and inform event coordinator of changes, work with bursars office to process refunds
- Event Assistant: Serve as day of event assistant; assist with event prep, set-up, clean-up as well as work during the duration of the event; attend event walk-throughs and event specific meetings leading up to and after the event, secure and manage student group volunteers, help assure that event runs smoothly and efficiently (leadership, teamwork, collaboration)
- Additional Duties:
Meet weekly with event coordinator; discuss progress on event tasks, prep event specific documentation for meetings, participate in mid-semester and final evaluations, make suggestions for areas to improve efficiency of processes (meet with other career center
staff as needed). Perform other duties as assigned.
- Professional Development: Participate in professional development workshops once a month along with the rest of the career center student staff focused on various relevant topic
Intern will also be tasked with completing one larger project related to their position/major (details of project will be discussed at the start of the internship)
- minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- available to work at least 10 hours per week
- ability to commit to at least 2 semesters (Spring 2019 & Fall 2019)
- excellent verbal and written communication skills (comfortable speaking on the phone with employers)
- excellent customer service skills
- organization and time management skills
- ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task
- ability to work effectively in an inclusive work environment (global/intercultural fluency)
- must be able to attend all team meetings/training and major events (Availability during late summer break for training (August 21st-23rd and some evenings).
- experience with excel and Microsoft Word (certification in excel preferred)
- preference given to students with event planning experience
Any questions please email Jasmine Korr at jkorr AT_TOWSON
Towson University Student Health Services (SHS): Marketing Communication Intern for Fall 2019/Posted April 9 2019
Internship Information: We are looking for a student intern to advertise and market for Towson University Student Health Services (SHS). The student intern would be responsible for managing SHS social media accounts, developing advertising materials for Health Center services and SHS events, providing general outreach at tabling opportunities, and conducting ongoing evaluation of SHS outreach efforts. This would be a comprehensive experience that would give a student the opportunity to expand their knowledge base in many content areas and develop a broad range of transferrable skills.
Intern Information: We are looking for an intern that is self-motivated and organized with skills in social media management and advertising. We would like to hire an intern who carries themselves professionally and who is able to take initiative and be actively involved in planning outreach. We are looking for someone with good communication skills and competency in Hootsuite, Adobe Photoshop, Canva, or other similar platforms.
To Apply: Email us at healthed AT_TOWSONwith your resume and cover letter by May 1st.
Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. We are also interested in seeing relevant supplemental materials demonstrating your experience with social media, photoshop, canva, or other relevant skills.
PROFILES /Posted April 6 2019
PROFILES is currently in search of students interested in learning more about the public relations, marketing, social media, and communications industry for the upcoming summer. PROFILES is a full-service public relations company in Baltimore with expertise in developing programs for corporate clients, non-profit organizations and individuals. Some of our clients include: Lord Baltimore Hotel, Pet Valu, Rusty Scupper, Kennedy Krieger Institute, American Craft Council, Baltimore magazine, B&O American Brasserie, and CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.
The following positions are currently open for:
MAROON PR INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION/Posted March 27 2019
Maroon PR is an integrated public relations and social media agency based in the Baltimore Metro - Washington, D.C. corridor with capabilities in media relations, social media, digital content creation and video production. We are always looking for talented and dedicated interns to assist as part of our team. Maroon PR offers several internship opportunities throughout the year to current college students and recent graduates. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Please note – Internships are unpaid, however school credit is offered if applicable
Maroon PR interns assist team members with daily activities related to various clients. An intern’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Interested candidates should email their resume, writing samples and availability to: email@example.com
Located in Baltimore Harbor, Planit Agency seeks interns for summer 2019 Apply here: https://planitagency.com/jobs/internships/internship-application/
The candidate should be creative and will assist in creating and curating content
for the department.
Please visit Handshake for more.
As an account management intern at GVK, you will be charged with learning and becoming proficient at core categories of advertising, meeting client needs, and helping to execute elements of ad campaigns. Interns are assigned to a mentor, or specific accounts which they help out with. The account management/leadership department is responsible for the implementation, management, and execution of all the projects within the agency. The account management intern will play an important role within the department to actively provide day-to-day support support for one or more account teams for strategy and execution of our marketing programs.
PROFILES is looking for a Public Relations Intern to join the team. Ideal candidates have a passion for developing marketing strategies, consume media across all platforms, and make it their mission to stay on top of the latest trends in the industry.
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. The American Red Cross BIOMED Division encompassing the Greater Chesapeake and Potomac Region as well as its Greater Alleghenies Region, is seeking to hire a summer College Associate (intern) interested in learning all aspects of the public relations field. Ideally, the Associate who fills this position would work during the Summer through the Fall Semester. The Associate should expect to learn the profession from top to bottom, and will graduate from this program ready to enter any fast-paced public relations firm or corporation with exceptional, marketable skills. The Associate will have media training and be expected to participate in media interviews. It's essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only applicants proficient Microsoft Office applications should apply.
Email resume, cover letter, writing examples and three letters of recommendations from professors and two character reference letters to Regina.BootheBratton@RedCross.org.