Family Coordinator Summer Internship with Johns Hopkins University/Posted March 23
Johns Hopkins University's Parent and Family Relations team is looking for a dynamic and energized student intern starting in late May through August to help support the logistics, communications, and marketing for the Family Pre- Orientation and Move-in. The orientation/move-in is scheduled to start in mid to late August. Interviews will be conducted over the phone or virtual. This is a paid internship. Deadline to apply is March 31. See the job description for details and how to apply.
National Aquarium Announces Public Relations/Social Media Internship/Posted March 9
The National Aquarium in Baltimore offers an unpaid, for-credit public relations/social media internship to assist its Marketing Department. The deadline to apply is March 15. Additional details as well as how to apply are available on the aquarium's recruitment website.
Idfive Paid Summer Internship/Posted Feb. 24, 2020
Do you want to work hard, think fast and do work that matters? That’s Lorem Impact 2020, idfive’s annual social design apprenticeship. Apply now. Applications are due by Friday, Feb. 28.
idfive, an integrated marketing agency, is looking for recent graduates or students graduating in May who want to push their creative limits, learn valuable skills, and produce real work in an agency environment.
This 10-week, full-time, paid apprenticeship is for communications, design, and web development students and early professionals who want to create work that matters for clients that matter. You’ll collaborate with senior-level team members at idfive to concept, produce, and deliver a comprehensive creative project for a nonprofit partner.
Agency life is fast-moving and rigorous. Apprentices' creative abilities are constantly challenged and you’ll be encouraged to go beyond your comfort zone. idfive’s mentors guide apprentices through intensive learning in every agency department, as well as the end-to-end process of completing a project, including research, brainstorming, managing clients, and, of course, the final deliverables.
Variety of Summer Internships Available at National Geographic/Posted Feb. 19, 2020
National Geographic is offering a variety of summer internship opportunities, some in the Washington, D.C. area and others elsewhere. Because the site includes jobs along with internships, please scroll through the list to find those internships of interest. Each listed internship is linked to a page providing specific additional information and a link to apply.
PROFILES Offering Summer PR and Social Media Internships/Posted Feb. 19, 2020
PROFILES is currently in search of students interested in learning more about the public relations, marketing, and communications industry .
PROFILES is a full-service public relations company in Baltimore with expertise in developing programs for corporate clients, non-profit organizations and individuals. Some of its clients include: Lord Baltimore Hotel, Pet Valu, Rusty Scupper, Kennedy Krieger Institute, American Craft Council, Baltimore magazine, Waterfront Partnership, and CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.
The following positions are currently open for:
- Public Relations Intern
- Social Media Intern
This internship is an unpaid, for-credit only opportunity.
To apply, students must send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
For additional information about PROFILES, visit the website.
Paid Social Media Internship Available Immediately/Posted Feb. 10, 2020
The Mechanical Contractors Association of Maryland (MCA) is looking for a part-time (10-12 hours per week) social media intern to join its team immediately. MCA is a premier industry trade association dedicated to the promotion and support of high quality, safe mechanical construction by offering education, advocacy, and partnership. For more information, please visit their website at www.mca-maryland.org.
The candidate chosen for the internship will be responsible for posting content on social networks including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You will be required to research topics specific to the mechanical contracting industry for posting as well as attend all of MCA's events to take photos/videos. MCA typically hold ten events per year, with most educational events taking place during the day and the majority of their membership/networking events taking place in the evening. You must be willing to travel short distances within Maryland.
MCA is also looking for someone to optimize its website as well as update it as required. WordPress experience is preferred but not required.
This internship will be a paid position and the candidate will have the ability to work from home with occasional visits to the office conveniently located in Canton. Interested students should forward their resume to Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Johnson & Johnson Offers Graduate Summer Internships/Posted Jan. 23, 2020
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for communication graduate interns for summer 2020. These full-time internship positions will be located in New Brunswick or other Johnson & Johnson facilities within the New Jersey/New York/Pennsylvania area. This Class of Summer 2020 will be composed of a talented group of graduate-level communicators who are looking to build a career in healthcare communications. They will be fully-integrated members of the Johnson & Johnson communications team for the duration of the internship, with opportunities to make meaningful contributions and demonstrate a real passion for communication.
MedStar Health Seeks Summer Intern/Posted Jan. 9, 2020
MedStar Health's corporate headquarters in Columbia, Maryland is seeking a junior or senior for an operational communications summer 2020 internship. College credit is available and upon successful completion, a stipend will be awarded. The attached document provides further information, including how to apply.
Sports Marketing Internship Opportunity/Posted Dec. 5, 2019
The U.S. Naval Academy Athletic Association is looking for a sports marketing intern for the spring.
MPT (Maryland Public Television) Public Relations and Communications Internship/Posted Dec. 5, 2019
MPT public relations and communications interns experience the work of a full-spectrum communications team within a statewide government/nonprofit organization. With oversight and leadership from established professionals, this unpaid, for college credit internship, trusts interns to execute a variety of tasks that will provide skill development for careers in government, corporate, and nonprofit organizations as leaders in public relations/public affairs and corporate communications.
Experiential learning is accomplished through:
- Writing and editing varied internal and external communication products
- Conducting media monitoring and media clipping services
- Fulfilling media information requests and responding to journalist inquiries
- Developing and maintaining media lists and related databases
- Assisting in the planning and execution of internal and external events and observances
- Providing ad hoc support for senior leadership
- Participating in internal consultations, business meetings, and related gatherings
Prospective interns should be enrolled in a four-year degree program in a communications-related field. Other essential skills and experience include:
- Excellent writing skills with ability to edit and incorporate feedback on writing
- Effective planning, scheduling, researching, and interviewing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work with staff at all levels
- Resourcefulness and problem solving
- Self-confidence and initiative
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
To apply, complete the online application at: http://www.jobaps.com/MD/
For more information, please contact:
Tom Williams, APR
Managing Director, Communications
Paid Summer Internships with Maryland Public Service Scholars Programs/Posted Nov. 21, 2019
The Maryland Public Service Scholars Programs is offering paid internships during summer 2020 for rising juniors and seniors. The internships are in the government and nonprofit sectors and are focused on creating social change.
Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development External Relations and Communications Intern/Posted Oct. 12, 2019
The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development in Washington, D.C., has an unpaid opportunity for an external relations and communications internship.
Baltimore Orioles Digital and Production Internships/Posted Oct. 3, 2019
The Baltimore Orioles has digital and production internships available. See the links below for the specifics regarding each opportunity.
Care First BlueCross BlueShield Internship/Posted Sept. 15, 2019
Care First BlueCross BlueShield seeks a PR/media relations intern reporting to the director of PR/Media Relations and focusing on assisting the PR/Media Relations teams to:
- educate internal audiences on industry news and news about the company
- track inquiries from media
- support development of written and other materials related to public and media relations opportunities
- appropriately staff public/media relations events such as check presentations, community affairs events and press conferences
- researching, writing and distributing news releases
- creating the Daily Download industry newsletter
- assisting in the process for tracking and responding to media inquiries
- contributing to the development of other communications on behalf of the PR/Media Relations team, as necessary.
- contributing to PR/Media Relations strategic planning and campaign support
- potentially staffing of press conferences and other company events for external audiences
- willingness to learn basic online content management, social media writing, photography, graphic design and video recording/editing skills
- providing occasional administrative support for the director of Public/Media Relations and staff during the absence of full-time administrative support
- must be a student enrolled in an accredited college or university at either the junior or senior level (undergraduate or graduate level.)
- current college student pursuing a BS/BA degree or greater, preferably in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or related field
- minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average
- knowledge of digital photography and video filming and editing
- knowledge of website design, technology, and editing principles
- knowledge of social media platforms
- strong oral and written communications skills
- sound news judgment
- PC skills, including familiarity with MS Office applications and Adobe suite of creative software
- ability to quickly understand and comprehend the situation/inquiry, and accurately evaluate the appropriateness of the response.
- interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- ability to travel occasionally within the region to other corporate sites or company events.
To apply: submit your resume to Cierra Colon
Baltimore Washington Medical Center Foundation, Inc., Internship Opportunities/Posted Sept. 15, 2019
The Foundation seeks to partner with students who are looking for an opportunity to experience being included in the hands-on experience of daily operations of a robust development office. The Foundation looks forward to incorporating the cutting edge skills of a soon-to-graduate Towson University student with the exciting world of philanthropy development in our local community.
Internship opportunities are available in:
- event planning
- internal and external communications
- database management
- website management and content development (in partnership with our IT team)
- social and digital media planning, content development, and execution
- myriad of additional activities related to development and fundraising and community outreach
The skills match that will benefit the Foundation include: strong communication skills--written and verbal, social media competencies, solid understanding of business standards; graphic design and/or digital competencies can also be important depending on the interest of the candidate. Proactive, wants to learn and build portfolio at the same time, good problem solver, good idea person.
- Casual business attire is expected.
- The student will be issued a UM BWMC I.D., need a background check and may need vaccination update.
- Parking is available and free. A parking pass will be issued.
- The Foundation’s work week typically is Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Occasionally extended hours will align with events. The executive director will gladly work with the intern in determining a mutually acceptable flexible part-time schedule.
To apply: submit your current resume and optional writing and/or design samples to Kathy Burk, executive director, (410) 553-8558.