Priority Deadline: Nov. 1
Final Deadline: Jan. 7
Early Deadline: Jan. 15
Priority Deadline: June 15
Final Deadline: Aug. 15
Students who miss the priority deadline may contact the program director via email
to inquire if space is still available for the forthcoming term. Master of Music candidates
seeking fall admission must audition for admission on the scheduled audition dates
in January, February, or March. Master of Music candidates seeking spring admission
must audition on the scheduled audition date in January.
- A Bachelor of Music degree in music with a major in the area of proposed graduate
study or its equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university*.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.00 for full admission or 2.75 for conditional admission.
All GPA calculations for admission are based upon the last 60 units of undergraduate
and post-baccalaureate study.
- Students completing the University of Maryland Baltimore County's certificate in Contemporary
American Music program may apply under a collaborative agreement.
- Acceptable performance on an audition on applicant’s major instrument for Music Performance
Concentration or acceptable portfolio and interview for Music Composition Concentration.
Please see the Admissions Auditions Handbook for complete details.
- Towson University's Graduate School Application.
- Supplemental Application to the Department of Music
- Submit two letters of recommendation by two persons familiar with the applicant's
scholarly and music performance aptitudes. (Email addresses of recommenders must
be entered on application).
Non-immigrant international students: See additional admission information in Graduate Admissions.
*See Exceptions to Policy in Graduate Admissions.
How to Apply
- Complete the Towson University online Graduate Application.
- International graduate students may have additional admission and application requirements.
See information about how to apply.