Get the details on how to apply to the Music Pedagogy (M.M.) program.
Students are admitted to the Master of Music in Music Pedagogy for the fall and spring
terms only. Priority will be given to students whose applications and transcripts
have been received by the following dates:
- February 1 for fall admission
- November 1 for spring admission
Students who miss the priority deadline may contact the program director via email
to inquire if space is still available for the coming term.
- Admission requires expertise in the area of concentration equivalent to having earned
a Bachelor of Music degree in the area of specialization from a regionally accredited
college or university*
- A minimum grade point average of 3.00 for full admission or 2.75 for conditional admission.
All GPA calculations for admission are based upon the last 60 units of undergraduate
and post-baccalaureate study.
- A department screening in the form of an audition. Procedures and requirements are
available in the Master of Music Handbook.
- Two letters of recommendation by persons familiar with the applicant’s academic studies
and/or musical accomplishment.
*See Exceptions to Policy in Graduate Admissions.
- Students seeking fall admission must audition on scheduled dates in January, February
or March or by arrangement with the program director.
- Students seeking spring admission must audition on the scheduled date in January.
How to Apply
- To apply, complete a Graduate Admission application. Read the instructions on how to apply.
- Submit a Department of Music Supplemental Application (DOCX).
- Submit two written evaluations by persons familiar with your academic studies and/or
musical accomplishment. Email addresses of recommenders must be entered on the application.
- International graduate students may have additional admission and application requirements.
See information about how to apply.