Below are a wide variety of links to career and/or job information.
American Mathematical Society
- The American Mathematical Society is dedicated to providing career information and
services to the mathematics community. This site has links to many useful career and
job search web pages.
Careers in Mathematics
- This is a nice site at Purdue University! There is some overlap with other sites
on this page, but this site has links to many other interesting Web pages.
The Mathematical Association of America
- Career information links page for students.
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- A nice start page for those interested in careers and/or jobs in industrial and applied
mathematics. Two specific publications of interest are:
Careers in Applied Mathematics – a 20-page booklet that details career paths outside academia for anyone majoring
in applied mathematics or computational science and
Mathematics in Industry – an in-depth 48-page report that looks at the way mathematical sciences are used
in industry today, along with assessing the skills, training and curriculum that will
best prepare graduates for future mathematical careers.
Be An Actuary
- Society of Actuaries
475 North Martingale Road
Schaumburg, IL, 60173-2226
- Published bimonthly
The American Academy of Actuaries
1100 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036.
Careers in Statistics
This is Statistics
- The American Statistical Association's website with much information for students
about careers in statistics.
Women in Statistics (PDF)
Minorities in Statistics (PDF)
- A magazine for Student members of the American Statistical Association.
Cost: Included as part of the $20.00 two-year student membership.
The American Statistical Association
1429 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-3402
Careers in Operations Research and Management Sciences
- The career and job placement page of the Institute for Operations Research and the
Career Resources by the Association of Women in Mathematics
- For women who are interested in careers in the mathematical sciences.
We will be adding links to web sites that post mathematics and/or mathematics related
job announcements. These sites do not carry the recommendation nor approval of anyone
at Towson University, but they are listed here as a service to our visitors. These
web sites will open in a separate browser window.