Office of Student Accountability & Restorative Practices
We strive to meet our mission by fostering D.E.E.P. relationships with students through interaction that encourages and challenges them to understand their role as part of the greater community.
- Develop, implement, and assess educational and disciplinary Accountability Actions that empower students to think critically, to make safe and healthy choices, and to become engaged community members.
- Educate the campus community on the Code of Student Accountability and community standards of acceptable behavior.
- Engage students in opportunities for learning through their participation in an educational, fair, equitable, and multi-faceted adjudication and accountability process that addresses allegations of misconduct.
- Promote a campus climate rooted in civility by offering educational sessions, programs, consultation to the campus community, and an Alternative Resolution Process.
As a department we value the concept of L.I.F.E.R. (Learning, Integrity, Fairness, Equity, Responsibility). We hope through engagement with our office that students come to represent the qualities as a Towson TIGER L.I.F.E.R.
Submit an Incident Report online.Submit Report
- Receiving and reviewing reports of alleged student misconduct;
- Interviewing and advising parties involved in disciplinary proceedings;
- Selecting, supervising, training, and advising Hearing Board members;
- Informally resolving cases not referred to University Hearings;
- Recommending appropriate Accountability Actions when a student is found responsible for having violated policy(s);
- Maintaining all student disciplinary records;
- Monitoring and suggesting revisions in student conduct policies;
- Facilitating student appeals;
- Facilitating an Alternative Resolution Process that affords students the opportunity to engage in dialogue about harms caused and agree to appropriate resolutions;
- Serving as a resource to faculty and staff regarding student misconduct.