TU relies heavily on the Internet for academic and administrative work. OTS wants to make sure the campus stays connected and we’re here to help. If you’re having issues with Wi-Fi or wired Internet, try these quick fixes or contact us so we can get and keep you connected.
See if there are any current Wi-Fi or wired Internet issues.Check OTS Alerts
Let us know about Wi-Fi or wired Internet issues.Report an issue
Try these common fixes
- Make sure you’re on the right Wi-Fi network: students, faculty and staff should use tu-secure.
- Select "Forget the Network" in settings for both tu-secure and tu-openaccess, then re-add tu-secure.
- Restart your computer or device.
- Double check that your device's Wi-Fi is on.
- Connect to the closest Wi-Fi access point: turn Wi-Fi off and back on.
- Close apps that run in the background-they could be using all available bandwidth.
- Make sure your software is up-to-date.
- Find the closest location with Wi-Fi and report connection trouble locations, especially if it always happens in the same place.
In Residence Halls
If you live in Millennium Hall, Tubman House or Harris Hall, your network is supported by Apogee (see contact info). Residents of those buildings can still contact Student Computing Services for help with network issues at other campus locations.
All other residence hall residents should contact Student Computing Services for network help in their building or to report issues anywhere on campus.