Ready to begin your journey as a Towson Tiger? It all starts right here.
Please read the following instructions carefully before beginning your application.
If you have questions, contact us at 410-704-2113, admissions AT_TOWSON, or get in touch with your admissions counselor.
Know the deadlines.
- December 1: Fall Early Action deadline to be considered for merit-based scholarships offered through
University Admissions. All required documents must be received by the deadline (application,
application fee, test scores, and transcript).
- January 15: Fall Regular Decision deadline.
**Freshmen interested in spring admission must apply by October 15.
- Complete your application and submit the application fee. A $45 non-deferrable, non-refundable fee is required with your application. Students
applying with a fee waiver will have the option to choose the type of fee waiver to be used during the payment
section of the application.
- Apply, if interested, to the Honors College. Complete the Honors section of the regular application for admission no later than
- Send official high school transcripts. Please have your school counselor submit your official high school transcript via
Naviance. If your school does not have Naviance, transcripts can be sent to admissions_documents AT_TOWSON or mailed to: University Admissions, 8000 York Road, Towson, Maryland 21252.
- If you attended or are currently attending a non-U.S. high school, you must have your
transcript evaluated by one of the following international credential evaluation companies:
WES, ASCISS, ECE.
- If home-schooled, you must submit an official transcript from your home-schooled program/agency
or official documentation from your county school district verifying your curriculum.
- Submit standardized test scores. TU accepts the SAT and/or ACT. SAT and ACT scores must be sent from the testing agency
to be considered official. We will not accept test scores reported on high school
Test ID for SAT: 5404
Test ID for ACT: 1718
*Please note that it usually takes 2-3 weeks (from the day scores were requested)
to be uploaded into our system.
- Write your college essay. Towson requires one essay with a 300 word maximum. Please refer to the application
for the essay prompt.
- Create a resume (optional). Upload a resume or activities list in your application.
- Submit your ZeeMee link (optional). TU partners with ZeeMee, a free service that lets you easily add short videos and
photos to your college application. Create your free profile and paste your link into your application.
- Request letters of recommendation (optional). A maximum of two letters may be sent from your school via Naviance or to admissions_documents AT_TOWSON by your recommender(s).
- Review Screened Majors. Students interested in studying Acting, Dance or Music are encouraged to audition during their senior year of high school. Please refer to our complete list of other screened majors to determine if there are additional requirements for the major you wish to study.
**If your native language is not English, please check this Admissions Requirements (PDF) document for important information related to your application process.