Mission Statement for Audiology & Speech Language Pathology Programs
Our mission is to:
Prepare future professionals who will:
Foster an academic environment that will:
- inspire students to develop critical thinking skills, cultural competence, and clinical
- support faculty in the creation and integration of innovative teaching strategies,
experiential learning, and research;
- support faculty professional and leadership development.
Strategic Plan 2018-2023 for Audiology and Speech Language Pathology Programs
Goals & Objectives:
Goal #1: Enhance student clinical education, clinical service provision to citizens
of the Mid-Atlantic Region, and outreach to the community.
- Objective 1.1: Focus on the student and faculty development in the area of cultural
- Objective 1.2: Strengthen academic-community collaborations that provide clinical
outreach and research opportunities.
- Objective 1.3: Enhance students’ self-reflection and evaluation skills, including
a focus on how they can enhance patient well-being.
- Objective 1.4: Provide opportunities for students to participate in interprofessional
- Objective 1.5: Support the enhancement of clinical knowledge and skills outcomes.
- Objective 1.6: Examine program requirements and curriculum relative to the changing
needs of the professions and make changes as needed.
Goal #2: Examine and enhance opportunities for students to develop critical thinking
and life-long learning skills.
- Objective 2.1: Shift advising focus to student-focused planning for future career
path and personal growth, rather than course selection.
- Objective 2.2: Provide all students with the knowledge and skills required to be good
consumers of research.
Goal #3: Support faculty and student research initiatives.
- Objective 3.1: Provide support for students to participate in research dissemination.
- Objective 3.2: Develop a wide array of clinical and research collaborations with a
focus on expanding student and faculty experiences.
- Objective 3.3: Provide opportunities for faculty to share research findings with faculty
and students within the department and college.
- Objective 3.4: Share faculty and student research accomplishments with students, faculty,
alumni, and others.
Goal #4: Support faculty professional and leadership development
- Objective 4.1: Examine current methods of teaching, scholarship, and service, using
multiple forms of input, to determine systems and technology that will enhance student
- Objective 4.2: Examine and improve faculty peer evaluation and mentoring process.
- Objective 4.3: Examine and streamline time-consuming administrative and service tasks
to enhance faculty time available for teaching and scholarship projects.
- Objective 4.4: Provide training opportunities in conflict management for all faculty.
- Objective 4.5: Provide time management/organizational skills training opportunities
- Objective 4.6: Identify faculty interested in academic leadership and provide project-based,
applied learning opportunities and other specialty training.