Here are five reasons to choose undergraduate and graduate programs in speech-language
pathology and audiology:
- Speech-language pathology and audiology are consistently rated among the best careers
in today’s rapidly changing job market.
- You will gain valuable research experience at TU and develop tools you will use in
future clinical and research practice.
- You will be prepared to work with a variety of patient populations from infants to
the elderly in diverse settings, such as schools, clinics, hospitals and other healthcare
- You will get the solid academic foundation you need to pursue graduate study leading
to clinical certification and career opportunities as a speech-language pathologist
or audiologist. Clinical certification and state licensure in speech-language pathology
requires the master’s degree. State licensure in audiology requires a doctoral degree.
- As an undergraduate, you can participate in internships and volunteer opportunities
that expose you to various aspects of communication across disciplines. As a graduate
student, you will join a team of multidisciplinary professionals in unique and varied
clinical experiences that will give you a first-hand look at the profession of your