Voter Education Resources
Towson University (TU) is a campus that votes. The Campus Votes Project designated TU as a Voter Friendly Campus.
The National Study of Learning, Voting and Engagement (NSLVE) report showed that more than 85% of TU students were registered to vote in the 2020 Presidential Election. The ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge presented TU with the following awards:
- Highly Established Action Plan
- Campus Champion Award for Best Action Plan
- New Most Engaged Campuses for College Student Voting Recognition
- Best in Class for a 4-year Public Institution
TU is also proud to serve as a polling location and to provide access to a mail-in ballot drop box at the South Campus Pavilion.
Learn more about TU’s voter education efforts by reading the latest Voter Friendly Campus Designation Report.
The Office of Civic Engagement and Social Responsibility, in collaboration with the TU Votes Coalition and other campus partners, promotes active citizenship among members of Towson University. Ways to get involved include:
- register to vote using TU’s voter engagement portal
- participate in educational voter engagement programs and informational campaigns
- read the U.S. Election Guidance about policies and guidelines that are in place regarding electioneering, leafleting, chalking and other political activities
- stay up-to-date on current issues by subscribing to the Baltimore Sun and New York Times through the PawPrints Collegiate Readership Program
- utilize Freedom Square as a forum to express and deliberate issues of civic concern
- September 19, 2023 — National Voter Registration Day
- April 23, 2024 — last day to register to vote in primary election
- May 2-9, 2024 — early voting for primary election
- May 7, 2024 — last day to request mail-in ballot for primary election
- May 14, 2024 — primary election
- October 15, 2024 — last day to register to vote in general election
- October 24-31, 2024 — early voting in general election
- October 29, 2024 — last day to request mail-in ballot for general election
- November 5, 2024 — general election