Admission Requirements & Deadlines
Women’s & Gender Studies (M.S.)
Priority Deadline: Nov. 1
Final Deadline: Jan. 7
Final Deadline: May 1
Priority Deadline: June 15
Final Deadline: Aug. 15
- No GRE scores are required.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 is required for full admission to the program, and 2.75 is required for conditional admission. All GPA calculations for admission are based upon the last 60 credits of undergraduate and post-baccalaureate study. See graduate admissions policies for more information.
- Prerequisites: Must have taken at least 9 units in Women’s Studies and/or the social sciences.
Submit an online application, application fee and official transcripts, along with:
- Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation, at least one of which must be from a college academician (email addresses of recommenders must be entered on application) are required.
- Essay: A detailed essay of 4-5 double-spaced pages explaining your specific plans for focused graduate study within the selected concentration, including discussions of projected career goals, prior academic and/or work experiences (volunteer or paid) and how these have prepared you to succeed in the intended program of study and accomplish the projected career goals.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
U.S. Immigration requires F1 and J1 students to be enrolled full-time with the majority of their classes taken in-person and on campus. For a list of TU programs that comply as well as information on required credential evaluations and English-language proficiency, please see admission requirements for international students.