Admission Requirements & Deadlines
Gifted & Creative Education (M.Ed.)
Priority Deadline: Nov. 1
Final Deadline: Jan. 7
Final Deadline: May 1
Priority Deadline: June 15
Final Deadline: Aug. 15
- No GRE scores are required.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 (on a 4-point scale) is required for full admission to the program, and 2.75 is required for conditional admission. GPA calculations may be based upon the cumulative units or the last 60 units of the degree. See graduate admission policies for more information.
- Experience/background in the field with children and families
- One or more of the following is required for admission:
- An undergraduate degree or graduate course work in education, child development, psychology, family studies or a related field OR
- Teacher certification OR
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in a classroom or related setting serving children from birth to age 18 OR
- Undergraduate courses in the following areas: educational psychology or psychology of learning, child growth and development, curriculum and methods in education
- Interview: Exceptional candidates who do not meet the specific experience/background criteria above may be considered for admission if they intend to work in settings with children from birth through age 18. In these instances, an interview with the program director is required.
Submit an online application, application fee and official transcripts, along with:
- Resume: A current professional resume
- Letters of Recommendation: Two professional narrative letters of recommendation.
- Essay: An admission essay discussing the applicant’s experiences working with children and families, and rationale for earning a master's degree related to professional goals and career aspirations.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
U.S. Immigration requires F1 and J1 students to be enrolled full-time with the majority of their classes taken in-person and on campus. For a list of TU programs that comply as well as information on required credential evaluations and English-language proficiency, please see admission requirements for international students.