- Certification as a teacher or licensure as a school professional
- A minimum of three years of successful teaching experience in a public or private
school is recommended. Applicants with fewer than three years of successful teaching
experience may be considered for admission on an individual basis.
- The minimum undergraduate GPA required for admission is 3.00. Students who have a
minimum GPA of 2.80 will be considered for admission.
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter of recommendation must be from a school
- One-page personal statement explaining why the applicant is interested in pursuing
graduate study in this program and what he/she hopes to learn in order to become an
effective educational leader.
Note: Students must complete a special education course (undergraduate or graduate) from
a regionally-accredited college or university, either prior to or while completing
courses in this program. This is a Maryland State Department of Education requirement
for the Administrator I credential. **
Non-immigrant international students: See additional admission information in International Graduate Admissions.
**See Exceptions to Policy in Graduate Admissions.