Admission Requirements & Deadlines
Transformational Educational Leadership (M.S.)
The Transformational Educational Leadership (M.S.) is offered primarily through the Towson Learning Network. If you are interested in applying for a future fall or spring cohort (programs vary) please email Graduate Program Director, Dr. Katherine Orlando, korlando AT_TOWSON, for application deadlines and information.
- No GRE scores are required.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 is required for full admission to the program, and 2.75 is required for conditional admission. All GPA calculations for admission are based upon the last 60 credits of undergraduate and post-baccalaureate study. See graduate admissions policies for more information.
- Certification as a teacher or licensure as a school professional and currently working in a school or educational setting in the state of Maryland
- Minimum of three years of teaching or relevant professional experience in a public or private school. Educators with two years of teaching experience and significant leadership potential will be considered.
- College transcript record of successful completion of a special education course (graduate or undergraduate).
Submit an online application, application fee and official transcripts, along with:
- Letter of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation from instructors or supervisors familiar with your
record, aptitude and potential for graduate work (email addresses of recommenders
must be entered on application) are required.
- Personal Statement: One to two-page personal statement describing why you are pursuing graduate study in this track and what you hope to learn to become an effective educational leader
- Copy of current teaching certificate or other professional licensure
- Resume: A current professional resume.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
U.S. Immigration requires F1 and J1 students to be enrolled full-time with the majority of their classes taken in-person and on campus. For a list of TU programs that comply as well as information on required credential evaluations and English-language proficiency, please see admission requirements for international students.