Special Education (M.Ed.) Teacher as Leader in Autism Spectrum Disorder Concentration
Admission to the Special Education (M.Ed.) - Teacher as Leader in Autism Spectrum
Disorder Concentration is for the fall term only:
- Priority Deadline: June 15
- Final Deadline: August 15
- No GRE scores are required.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 is required for full admission to the program,
and 2.75 is required for conditional admission. All GPA calculations for admission
are based upon the last 60 credits of undergraduate and post-baccalaureate study.
See graduate admissions policies for more information.
- Note: Successful completion of this program will yield a master’s degree, but no additional
certification from MSDE. Certification in special education or a related field is
highly recommended, but not required.
Submit an online application, application fee and official transcripts, along with:
- Letter of Recommendation: One letter of recommendation from an instructor or supervisor familiar with your record,
aptitude and potential for graduate work (email address of recommender must be entered
on application) is required.
- Essay: A 500-1000 word essay describing your professional background and experience and why
you are interested in applying for the Teacher as Leader in ASD Graduate Program.
Additionally, discuss how the content from this program will enhance your professional
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
U.S. Immigration requires F1 and J1 students to be enrolled full-time with the majority
of their classes taken in-person and on campus. For a list of TU programs that comply
as well as information on required credential evaluations and English-language proficiency,
please see admission requirements for international students.