See below for information about admissions requirements to the M.S. program in communication
Spring admission is not available at this time. The program admits for the summer
and fall terms only:
- Priority deadline: February 1
- Early deadline: June 1
- Final deadline: August 1
Applications completed by the deadline will be reviewed and a decision will be given
soon thereafter. Applications in process by the deadline will be evaluated at the
next deadline once completed.
The following is required in your application:
- One letter of recommendation (email address of recommender must be entered on application)
- Written statement in 1,000 words or less (typed, double-spaced), based on your résumé,
that explains your professional and academic experiences (with researching, planning,
implementing and evaluating communication programs and campaigns) and describes at
least four learning objectives — what you want to achieve in this program and why
Prerequisites to Admission
Admission to the Master of Science in communication management program is competitive.
Applications are reviewed by the department’s graduate committee, and deadlines and
requirements are strictly enforced. Full compliance with requirements does not guarantee
admission. Applicants must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the following
fields: mass communication; public relations and advertising; communication studies,
or related field; or equivalent professional experiences that are documented by the
student and approved by the program director.
- A minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher for full admission.
- Completed application
- Non-immigrant international students — see additional admission information in Graduate Admissions